cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Sudden IPC6023

I've seen a few threads on this, but following them all hasn't helped resolve the issue. Specifically:

I've had BT infinity at my house since October, and it's been running seamlessly both as regards internet browsing and internet TV channel viewing. As of earlier this week, it's not possible to watch any internet channels without constant stutters and drop-outs. I've rebooted the router (HH5), ethernet switch, and done both a software and factory reset on the youview box, all to no avail. I can't test the aerial channels, as I don't have an aerial and never watch them. VLC multicast works fine.

One piece that makes me wonder whether it's an Infinity issue ratehr than YouView/BT TV is that I get hiccoughs when streaming through my laptop (over gigabit ethernet), and when using Spotify Connect through my HiFi.

Anyone able to help/direct some further diagnostics? My external IP is 86.191.214.237 should that be of any help.

Thanks,

Colin

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sudden IPC6023

You say that VLC multicast works fine. I assume you mean when testing the multicast BT TV Preview channel (475). Does 475 work fine on the BT Youview box or not?

Have you also tried VLC with the PC connected to the same ethernet port that you normally use for the BT Youview box? It's possible that issues might be due to a faulty port.

You also mention an ethernet switch. Is it possible to take that out of the path as a test to see if that might be failing and causing issues?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sudden IPC6023

Changing port on the HH appears to have resolved it. Hadn't even considered that as a possibility, thanks!
0 Ratings