cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 53

Re: Sudden Issue with Broadband , speeds fluctuating constantly up and down , unusable broadband.

@clairewatson wrote:

Nugget just cancel direct debit , request contract cancellation without charge and join another ISP. They can not refuse as they are breaking contractual aggreement by not providing the service you signed for. That's exactly what im doing Monday morning. Spoke too family member who is lawyer regarding this about 30 minutes ago and he says they can not refuse a termination of contract because they are not providing the product too a satisfatory level . 

Cancelleing you Direct Debit will result in your services being suspended. While your speeds may be low, they are working within the threshold for the service. That being said I still think there is an issue in the network. You can't cancel your service because you have a fault, you have to give BT, or any ISP for that matter, a reasonable amount of time to try and fix the problem. As you've contacted the mods I've got no doubt they'll get this sorted for you.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
nugget
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 53

Re: Sudden Issue with Broadband , speeds fluctuating constantly up and down , unusable broadband.

Hi,StuartH thanks but i'll wait until i hear back from customer services which should be this week.

My broadband was fluctuating between 2-4mbps yesterday and today its between 4-10 mbps my upload speed is 0.8mbps.

Its only the download speed which is being a bit waffy,checked the net last night and there was work being done at the Saxmundham exchange but nothing in Norwich.

0 Ratings
clairewatson
Contributor
Message 43 of 53

Hi , i know they will , requesting mac code monday if not fixed , im giving them sufficient time , are they taking money off my bill for the inconvenience ?? I dont think they are... not even a mention... so why would i pay for what im not getting. I hope it does get fixed i dont have a problem with BT normally but this has just taking the micky. I still have not had a respeonse from MODS after sending 2 mails....

0 Ratings
clairewatson
Contributor
Message 44 of 53

Speed Test 6:20pm 12/2/12

Download speedachieved during the test was - 3.22 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600 Kbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

The last conversation i had with customer service staff regarding the issue on friday he said he would order a whole line reset, but if it has been done or not , doesnt seem have made any difference the speeds are still all over constantly , it's like 800kbps 1 minute then 4000kbps the  next then 3200kbps etc etc i cant use xbox live because basically connection is too bad too do any gaming and BT Vision has become unusable because it just buffers constantly because of the problems , so im paying for broadband , vison and my phone and the only thing i can really do is make a phonecall lol. I have been too my relations who live over the road and his broadband , same package etc etc is fine , speed is stable between 7500kpbs and 8000kbps ( profile of 7150kbps ... kinda funny ey) and also my brother who lives 2 minutes away his is fine too.... soo i would love too know what BT have done with my line... was gonna upgrade too Infinity next month 29th when it is active here .... but that is looking highly unlikely the way this is going.... 

0 Ratings
clairewatson
Contributor
Message 45 of 53

Here is what Fault on account still says....

Tue 7 Feb20:13

Broadband Problem

Further diagnostic tests began at the time and date shown to find the problem with your broadband. Once we know more we will contact you using your contact details above and once we have fixed your problem you will see an update on this page. Thanks for your patience

[Alt Txt]
As can see it was reported...7th ! So far that's 5 days broadband you owe me BT.... still on stage 1 LOL.
0 Ratings
gouldyyyy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 53

The www.bt.com/faults webpage for broadband you should take with a pinch of fault, its not accurate, apart from telling you when the faults been cleared. The phone line is more accurate, and you can add your own notes to it, I do wish BT would do this for the Broadband one, and allow us to run our own tests online like for the phone line and reject the fault etc...
0 Ratings
clairewatson
Contributor
Message 47 of 53

Ok Thank You. Im normally a carm person but this situation is making me irrate to be honest. I just wish they would be truthful about the situation and fix it. If not then at least admit they cant fix it. Surely somebody understand my frustration about the fact im p aying for a product i cant use.

0 Ratings
gouldyyyy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 53

I can understand, it does get fustrating when BT's processes prevent their staff from doing somewhere, although working with them seems to be the only way.  I know you have already done it, but it cannot do any harm, just to send another one in, but link to this thread and the mods will know what the problem is about, although PM one of the mods with the reference number immeidately after you've got it, so they can keep track of it in the que.

Your problem is a naughty nasty one, its a fault, no doubt about that.  But trying to catch it when it's at its worst, can be a bit of a pain.  With the new bt speedtester it allows you to run tests every 10 mins, what I would do is when you notice its partiuclarly bad, run 3 tests, every 10 mins consecutively to try and pin down the problem.  No need to post them on here, the mods will be able to check all your speed tests results remotely.  I understand your fustrations, but the process is you have to send something in, and it does take them a bit of time to get through the e-mail que to their profressional services being required by a lot of people.

0 Ratings
clairewatson
Contributor
Message 49 of 53

Yeah i did include the link twice in the mails , just tried the new tester done 3 tests they were 5.6 , 6 then 6.99.... will do some more later... shame you cant log the tests for personal use on this new bt tester i find that not very good. will have too screen shot them. Just done 1 final test , speed was 4.6mb lol.... up n down up n down... sighh.. im exhausted with this.... new tester should show ip profile etc etc too 😞

0 Ratings
gouldyyyy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 53

Take a look a these diagrams, when your speed is orange, then that is slightly below what it should be, but is not worthy of raising a fault unless it is like this at all times of day.

Screen Shot 2012-02-12 at 10.25.55.png

However when the speed is consistently red, then this is a real problem and needs to be raised with the service provider.

Screen Shot 2012-02-12 at 16.25.28.png

At the moment I feel as if your speed, is sometimes flucutating between the red and orange zone at peak times, but looks top end of okay to good when outside of peak times.  We need to catch this speed when its at its worst, and then present this as a case to the mods who will in turn raise it to BT Wholesale, who should be able to switch the pipe your on.  Unfortunately this can not just be done at the request of an End User due to the cost of it.

0 Ratings