cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crd1904
Contributor
Message 11 of 54

Re: IP Profile

"I noticed that you have a 32min DSL uptime and that you have said that you reset the router/homehub now and again. Is there any reason for this and this will reduce your broadband speed."

I was having problems with Airprint connecting to the hub and was restarting it after each change of setting. It finally turned out that the setting Airprint didn't like was the b/g/n setting. 

Is it worth speaking to customer services regarding the speed or just have patience while it resets itself???

Thanks

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 12 of 54

It's probably best to be patience as the IP profile should automatically release with a 3/5 day stable connection.

However if the IP profile does not increase by 3+ days then come back here and we can look into the issue further. If needed you can get your IP Profile manually reset by the BT Care Team, but you will need to have a 3+day stable connection first.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
crd1904
Contributor
Message 13 of 54

Also, have just done a silent line test 17070 opyion 2 and it is quite a noisy on a wored telephone. Could this contribute to slow BB speed?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 54

noise on your phone line is a problem for your broadband..  if you try quiet line test from test socket and still line noise then you need to report a phone fault with no mention of broadband

phone faults

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
crd1904
Contributor
Message 15 of 54

BT Openreach today replaced outside cables as this was causing my line fault. Can I now get the IP Profile raised back to the 4 it was before the fault? Or do I have to wait until the exchange does it automatically? What should be the highest IP Profile I can expect? Current reading are:

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 2.46 Mbps

0 Mbps7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.46 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4.74 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2.5 Mbps

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:30:07
Downstream:4.625 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):9.0 dB / 25.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):48.3 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.5 dBm / 12.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):9515 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):1 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):

1 / 0

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 54

if you now remain conencted 24/7 and connection stable then noise margin will fall to normal 6db and with your attenuation I would hope for about 6mb connection giving a 5mb profile.  just stay connected 24/7

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
crd1904
Contributor
Message 17 of 54

Thanks for reply. Out of interest, does the noise margin fall gradually bit by bit? It's now 

Noise margin (Down/Up):8.6 dB / 25.0 dB

which is slightly lower than earlier!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 54

no that is just normal noise margin fluctuation - usually drops at night and recovers again in the morning.  it will drop from 9db to 6db in one jump

0 Ratings
crd1904
Contributor
Message 19 of 54

Think I get it!! Another question, my IP Profile has increased slightly to 2.5 from 2 during today. Does this figure increase gradually or will this also jump in one go. If it hasn't reached 4 or 5 in say 3 days can I request that it is manually increased? So complicated!!!!!

Thanks for help btw

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 54

it jumps depending on connection speed  see here  

check profile

0 Ratings