cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pippincp
Sage
Message 21 of 26

Re: Sudden drop in Infinity 2 upload speed and stability.

Run one and one only further diagnostic test when you have the problem. There is only one result held on the BTWholesale server i.e. the last one done.

What you have provided so far shows no problem with packet loss.

When looking at a tracert the first place you check is the destination, anything else is immaterial.

How long did the packet take to get there and how long the reply.

Your tracerts showed 8ms there and back (RTT). There's people that would kill for that result!

Nweddup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 26

Thank you very much pippincp. Are the traceroutes something that could be intermittent (as the connection is) would it be worth me running more? I think there is alot of people that would kill for my connection overall when it was as it had been.

I have seen several things in my studies relating to different types of data transfer, i dont know enough about it all to recall exactly what type video/audio streaming comes under but that seems to be the service thats been most hit. I think UDP rings a bell?

0 Ratings
Nweddup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 26

First test this morning gave 0.1mbps upload and then failed to respond when i clicked further diagnosis. Second attempt gave a slightly higher up, and 150ping vs the usual 20's. Hopefully that will show something.

0 Ratings
Nweddup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 26

I must say i love loosing another half a day of work to be home waiting for a bt engineer that decides not to show. I think we are at the end of the line with this £75 a month i have now lost over £300 of work just being here for engineers who had no hope or interest in fixing our problem. Without something being adressed by bt fairly fast  we are going to cancel and swap providers, country broadband are offereing and have proved better speeds for alot less money. Neighbours with BT all have the same problem, yet  talk talk and sky have been faultless. Its now been 2 weeks and we have been repeated the same lie over and over. All we want is the connection we are paying for.

0 Ratings
Nweddup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 26

BT Wholesale test is still constantly reporting between 2-10mbps up but still unable to browse web reliably or upload/stream anything as we once could. I have to wonder why the wholesale checker isnt showing as much info as other line test tools? An average speed of even 10mbps upload speed shown appears to be useless in real life terms where lost data and out of order packets makeup such a high proportion of that flow. I have had other people run these tests both in the uk and all over the world with similar speeds to my own and none show instabilities as our current infinity 2.

up without dataloss.png

With data loss plotted to graph.

up with data loss.png

As i say have tried this test on many other connections, every other 80/20 connection including bt ones are looking more like mine used to, this being an example.

up speed test friends.png

0 Ratings
Nweddup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 26

wonderfull.png

0 Ratings