Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
supersidful
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Sudden drop in line speeds noticed from BT Speedtester results

Go to solution

I have only joined the forum this morning and I have made this posting to ask for help from experienced members.

I am on the up to 20mb BT Option 1 package, as I am retired and only use the Internet for general information browsing, this package of 10GB per month is more than adequate. There is a BT exchange in our village, a few minutes walk from where I live, which I am informed will be a help in getting good line speeds. BT Infinity is not available yet in our area, so I am on the old-style connection system with a Black BT Home Hub 2.0

I always take a hard copy of each BT Speedtester report and have a master file of these for reference. The average that I normally receive results for is:-

DOWNLOAD SPEED DURING TEST : 14289 Kbps

UPLOAD SPEED DURING TEST : 668 Kbps

IP profile for the line : 16000 Kbps

DSL connection rate : 18248 Kbps (Downstream)  828 Kbps (Upstream)

I have had further problems with speed over the last 10 days. I have my Home Hub 2.0 channel settings as Automatic (currently running on either channel 1 or channel 11) as chosen bt the hub.

I have carried out 3 BT Speedtests this week with the average of them as follows:-

DOWNLOAD SPEED DURING TEST : 8955 Kbps

UPLOAD SPEED DURING TEST : 654 Kbps

The information from my BT Home Hub 2.0 this morning is as follows:-

Line state : Connected

Connection time : 2 days, 10:59:58

Downstream : 17460 Kbps

Upstream : 828 Kpbs

VPI/VCI : 0/38

Type : DPPoA

Modulation : ITU-T  G.992.5

Latency type : Interleaved

Noise margin (DOWN/UP) : 3.5 dB / 8.0 dB

Line attenuation (DOWN/UP) : 30.0 dB / 16.2 dB

Output power (DOWN / UP) : 19.5 dBm / 12.4 dBm

Can someone see my normal tests average and compare these against my recent tests average achieved this week and make comment on the Home Hub information stated above, to say these are acceptable or not.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sudden drop in line speeds noticed from BT Speedtester results

Go to solution
HI this is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence are the forum moderators
looking at your hub stats they are very good however the broadband speed test results averaged however are on no use the only way to use the bt speed tester is to record individual results at 3 different times of the day early morning mid after noon and mid evening to see any changes of download speed if you can post each individual test back here then we can advise you further