cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 23

Re: Sudden drop in sped and increase in ping .........

Possibly, but ive "lost" almost 7 meg of download 😞

Bornemouth Server gives ping 36 (not bad for th edistance) DL of 32 and UL of 8.6 - not to bad, still a few meg down though!

Still bad through BT SPeedtest though 😞

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/515/stillpoo.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 23

Not being rude...but why does it matter if you're a few meg down on the odd speedtest?

If it's not affecting your browsing or media streaming then I personally am not bothered. I rarely test my connection speed, if it's working then excellent, that's what I'm paying for.

Even 1080p streaming on something like netflix uses about 10mbps. What does it matter if there's 15 or 25mbps sat there not being utilised? It won't make your movie any better quality 😉

Variances on speedtests are expected, they're a real time test of data through a router over the internet. There are way too many variables to even think about why the odd speedtest gives a slightly lesser result.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 23

Granted, but I have had those solid speeds since day one and want to understand why the drop and why its not back up to what I have had for the last 5 months.

A few meg "Lost" I can live with, but up and down speeds a fraction of what I was getting with increased latency I cant

0 Ratings