Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexh1
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Sudden increase in speed.

Go to solution
Hi.

So I noticed on Saturday night my broadband was rubbish and kept dropping out. When it finally came back on it was considerably faster. It we from 6mbs to 12mbs and upload went from .1 to 1.1. Has anyone any idea why this has happened and if it's likely to stay like it...?
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Sudden increase in speed.

Go to solution
most likely the DLM releasing more speed as it sees your line stabilising providing your connection remains stable it should stay or it could improve further
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
Can you post the connection stats from the router?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
alexh1
Beginner
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
I've had the same speed for two years ahah.

How do i post the stats?
0 Ratings
alexh1
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 23:15:51
Downstream: 14.2 Mbps
Upstream: 1.188 Mbps
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
What does http://www.dslchecker.bt.com show as the A speed range for your line?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
alexh1
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution
3.5-7.5 mbs I normally get 6
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution
Perhaps a section of line has been replaced which was previously aluminium, or replaced with a thicker guage of cable.
0 Ratings
alexh1
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
They have been installing fibre all around us and they have recently put a green box in as I was on a EO line before is it possible they have turned it on....? Maybe fibre on its way?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
So you're not currently on Infinity?

Can you post up a copy of the wholesale dsl checker please and I'll might able to find out a bit more for you.

I suspect what's happened is that your copper line has been moved to the new cabinet and has reduced your distance to the exchange, therefore the speed has increased.