cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Sudden reduction in Sync speed and added latency

The Fritz Box shows the latency between itself and the DSLAM. (it can also show the device manufacturer and firmware levels, loads of lovely details)

I really don't want to start an argument. But everything has been fine for months, and suddenly these issues start to arise. If it was an incompatibility with the Fritz Box and the BT network I would have thought it would have shown itself a bit sooner.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 15

Latency has increased because INP has increased because DLM has increased the INP as I said.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

OK so everyone is now happy. I'd like to get it fixed somehow, my connection can happily operate at the maximum currently allowed by the BT service, but something has decided to mess around with the actual throughput rates. I really don't want to play the wait a few weeks and hope it decides to sort itself out game, and calling India will be an object lesson in frustration and failure as we all know.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 15

I can't see you getting anyone to look at it as long as you're using a 3rd party device rather than the BT kit TBH.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Looks like OR switching of DLM has been of benefit to me. Just did a hard reset of my router as I was suffering from the Youtube problems plageuing BT users.

vdsl dlm off.PNG

I like the MIN value  Smiley Very Happy

Also, looks like this change has not caught up with the Speedtester.

dlm-wut.PNG

I'll stick with that for now, still got latency issues, but not as bad as before.

0 Ratings