cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlesElliott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Sudden spate of ADSL sync drops - increased noise on line?

It's all over the place. Now 0.5Mb downstream, 6db noise and back to G.992.3.

Downstream584 Kbps
Upstream265 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.3
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.0 dB / 9.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)46.0 dB / 26.9 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 10.3 dBm
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

there is something really strange - sep 2010 your attenuation was 40 (992.3) then few days ago it was 42.5 (992.5) then last set 46 (992.3)   Attenuation might change 1 maybe 2 but not 6

You are not in the training period still are you - just fluctuations in speed are large

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CharlesElliott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

I have been on BB Option 3 for as long as it has existed, and on it at this property since I moved in last July.

I did extend my contract by 12 months on a combined BB/phone package at around the time the trouble started, but I'm was Option 3 before and afterwards.

Attenuation does seem to be varying by up to 5dB; noise margin is going from 3dB at 1Mb to 25dB at 1Mb on various reconnects - add in the change back and forwards between ADSL2 and 2+.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

I think with the variation of your attenuation of 6db I would contact the mods for assistance - just complete the form  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

may take a few days to get a reply and a bit longer due to weekend

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CharlesElliott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

So I emailed the mods on Friday but then on Saturday, my landline stopped working and I raised a fault with BT....as of yesterday they came to fix the broken wire in the cabinet. My landline is fixed and my broadband has now been up for 20 hours via ADSL2+, the longest since the problems started. Whilst my connection is still 1Mb, I'll now see if training raises that (the noise margin is > 25dB, so there is plenty of speed to come back I hope).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

can you post the adsl stats?

0 Ratings
CharlesElliott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 22:28:39
Downstream1,144 Kbps
Upstream1,106 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)26.7 dB / 6.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)42.5 dB / 21.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

looks like just stick with it and probably training so may be more resets as exchange tries to find best stable connection

0 Ratings