For over a year I've had a solid 70Mbs speed with an SNR c3.4dB (I live approx. 250m from the cabinet). At 10:32 on 26 March 2020 there was a resync (retrain reason 1) and my speed dropped to 50Mbs. I rebooted my modem (HG612) to no avail. The odd thing was that the SNR was still 3.4dB. I have rebooted the modem a couple times since with exactly the same results. On 17 April 2020 at 23:54 there was a resync (retrain reason 2) with no change to the speed or SNR. This speed is now below the stay fast guarantee and I have got absolutely nowhere with the phone 'support'. I know I'm being paranoid but this happened three days after lockdown and BT saying they had plenty of capacity!
unfortunately as using a modem you won't be able to produce any meaningful stats unless modem is unlocked
enter phone number and post results remember to delete number
check for line noise dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone
Thanks for your speedy reply. Yes the modem is unlocked and I take a snapshot at 1400 every day. I've done the quiet line test - it's as quiet as the grave. What speed test do you want me to post?
more looking for the connection stats from modem
also looking for dslchecker results I see I forgot to post link
Looking at connection stats you have a 51mb connection speed but your max attainable is only 50mb which is well below you expected speed range form dslchecker
are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your speed or at least increases attainable
quiet line test was ok and totally silent apart from announcement
I've tried everything but nothing has changed at the house. I want to know why the SNR remained the same when the speed dropped 20Mbs.
If it was just your connection speed that had dropped and attainable had remained in expected range then yes I would expect the noise margin to increase. However your attainable is actually slightly below the actual connection speed hence why I am suggesting connecting direct to test socket with a filter to see if that makes any change
Tried direct to test socket - no difference. Out of interest I am posting the stats for the day before the resync with the bit loading.
If you have a dial tone, there's is no line noise and you have tried test socket without improvement then need to phone 151 and report fault