Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 18

Re: Suggestions for a Wireless Router to replace my HH3

Go to solution

@ironman123 wrote:

The Belkin N1 Vision .....................it also has a multifunction LCD display that gives info about each device and its connection status,and also shows 24hour usage and monitoring on all devices and an on display digital clock and calender.

http://www.belkin.com/uk/networking/more-networking/

Trouble is , some of them are getting like mobile phones, they do and show everything, but when it comes to making calls you find the battery is flatSmiley Very Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
b19bol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

I replaced both my HH3 and Modem with the Draytek 2750N 2 minutes after the BT Engineer left, so its looking good, and I have not had a dropped connection once. 

Check out this thread for line stats.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Quoted from toekneem :"Trouble is , some of them are getting like mobile phones, they do and show everything, but when it comes to making calls you find the battery is flat:smileyvery-happy:"

Good point toekneem,but the Belkin N1 takes it`s power from the mains adapter that comes with it and the LCD display gets its info from the PC etc,and the clock is updated from the net.

So if you lose connection to the internet then the clock screen reads "No Internet Connection".

I agree that with a battery operated phone or device it would be a pain,but no battery to go flat.:)

The main screen [first screen on the menu] shows a globe [internet WAN]/box icon [Modem]/box icon [The router]/Small PC and montor icon [Your LAN network]/wireless icon for wireless devices,and if any of them are getting probs they flash and also give advice on how to cure the fault.Robot Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Hi ironman123, it was a jestSmiley Wink to say that sometimes, less is best. But if your happy with all the bells and whistles, then thats the right one for you, and sometimes me Smiley Happy.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

I've been using the Belkin Play Max since April without one problem. Good wireless range too.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution
Yeah toekneem I realized after posting that you were pulling my chain.:)
But I quess the display info might be handy for some.LOL.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

The only thing i probably miss is the Stats, and to get any kind of info it looks it looks like you have to go the Draytek VDSL2 modem way.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sageman
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for all the info. I ended up buying a Netgear WNDR 3700. I am really pleased with it because it sorted out the main problem I had with WIFI on the HH3 which was not being able to connect my Blackberry Bold 9780 to the home hub. It was frustrating talking to the advisers on the phone getting different information from the three I spoke to. It seems that there are a lot of people who cannot connect to their HH3 with a Blackberry.

The new router is fast my Blackberry connects to it instantly although I think the router management interface could be a tad quicker but hey ho you cant have everything.

0 Ratings