Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
legend_rs
Beginner
Message 11 of 19

Re: Super slow Broadband

Go to solution

looks like the nte5 socket, it only has one slot in it that the filter plugs directly into, there was an older socket on, the one they replaced it with looks the same only larger, has BT open reach printed on the top

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

that's fine it's the standard master socket.   for your wireless connections you can try changing from the hub default b/g/n to just b/g and see if that helps.  also you can try downloading inssider2 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

if it keeps resetting have you made sure there is nothing causing interference  see here for ideas 

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
legend_rs
Beginner
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

k thanks for all your help and ideas, ill try all these, and leave my router alone, and hope it will stop losing connection, then am i correct in thinking if it stays connected my speeds will increase automatically say in 3/5 days?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

just keep a check to see if it resets.

if not fixed in 3/5 days then come back as you may need mod assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
legend_rs
Beginner
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

just a note to add to this, i have been keeping an eye on my router's connection time ever since startig this thread, and have yet to see it hit 2 hours, withouht resetting, i have moved it away from all computer equipment, and other devices listed that may interefere, so im at a loss as to why im getting constant interuptions on the line,

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

if you are still getting disconnections then contact the mods for assistance  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
legend_rs
Beginner
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

ok i have a bit more speed now, some one has done something, and i have had this speed for over an hour now, with the router showing its actually stayed connected past the hour mark for once. The only thing is its gone back to what it was previous to the fault, the max set too 2000 dl (which is the minimum i need for BT vision) and im not getting all this speed, so my vision is still unusable, ill post the results, can i expect an increase if this connection stays current for a few days or is this the best i can look forward too

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 1106 Kbps

0 Kbps2000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1106 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 800-2000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3360 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1124 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 6.8:23.85:69.35 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 755 Kbps

0 Kbps1124 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 755 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 1124 Kbps

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 01:41:03
Downstream:3.281 Mbps
Upstream:1.098 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):16.4 dB / 5.7 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):33.7 dB / 21.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up):18.4 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):60077 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):251 / 504
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):1929 / 1804
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):232 / 358

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

your profile is still based on your previous connection speed and has not yet increased for your new speed.  you connection has also changed from fast to interleaved which should help stabilise your connection

your noise margin is still high at 16.4 so if your connection is now stable then I would expect your noise margin to drop nearer 6 and your speed increase  with you attenuation and a good stable connection I would hope for about 12mb

legend_rs
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

thanks so much, you have been a great help. without you i would have been pulling my hair out, you have taught me a great deal, and been 100% more helpful than the people on the phone at BT.

0 Ratings