Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 11 of 42

Re: Super slow / inconsistent broadband

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 12 of 42

thanks for the info guys - much appreciated - is there anything that I can do to fix a line noise problem? Or is it purely a job for an engineer?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 42

as long as noise at test socket and not your phone then problem for engineer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 14 of 42

Further update - http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ is now doing the 'further diagnostics' bit - giving a 'best effort' of 0.33mbps

However I also get the following message "during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service.  Please re-run the test if you require this additional information."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 42

what did it show for profile?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 16 of 42

THe 'best effort' was the only information it displayed - and then the 'error' message - nothing about a 'profile'.

Just been reading up on REIN here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/rein.htm and wandering around the house with a radio tuned roughly to 612mw pointing it at different electrical appliances... The thing that got the biggest reaction was the power supply for the Home Hub itself, which sits right next to the HH. Might that have anything to do with any issue?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 42

the power supply does give of interference and from memory it extends to about 2 or 3ft from the supply and after that it is fine - confirmed by radio?   so if you move hub that far away from power supply should be ok.  That would not account for line noise on phone from test socket

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 18 of 42

I've retried the line noise test a couple of times. Really there's nothing notable i'm hearing. Is an engineer going to be able to explore any issues?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 19 of 42

Have rerun the speed test to see if anything discernable has changed:

Upload: 0.1

Download: 0.33

Ping:115.13

Additional diagnostics still not running on my laptop-just showing a 'best effort' of 0.33....

Just rechecked my ASDL settings - and it looks like my hub has reset itself at some point - at roughly 1am (which I didn't do!)

Might this be part of the problem?

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 11:37:06
Downstream6,784 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)14.6 dB / 29.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)12.0 dB / 8.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)15.8 dBm / 12.3 dBm
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 42

can you post the missing errors please

0 Ratings