cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Superfast Broadband

I live on the outskirts of Wokingham in Berkshire, and am connected to the Wokingham Exchange which is superfast enabled. However because we are at the end of the line, Superfast is not available to us, and there appear to be no plans for that to change.  Adjoining our property are houses which are connected to the Eversley exchange and they have Superfast broadband. Does anyone know whether it is viable to move from one exchange to another - if there was a cost, even a signifucant cost, I would be willing to consider it.  Short term I have invested in satellite broadband but it has its limitations. thanks. Richard Sheppard

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Superfast Broadband

No it is not really viable to change exchanges. I suspect it can be done but it could go into the thousands if pounds, although that is down to you if you want to pay for it.

If you pop your details in here it can give you more information about you cabinet.

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

It is unlikely Openreach would move you to another exchange however you could contact Openreach. If you do want to contact them, use this form. If you get an automated reply keep sending the form and you will eventually get a human response.

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the information, really apprecaite it.   I have completed the form so we'll see what if anything comes back.  As an aside the cabinet we are attached to states that it will accept orders for FTTP.  May be prohibitively expensive, just wondered if you had any comments on it as an option?

thanks 

Richard Sheppard

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

It might be worth calling the FTTP order team for a quote. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings