cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris-S1S
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Supposedly Fixed, Need Help pls

Infinity 1 speed way down so was on live chat yesterday seeing if they could help after a long time of 'testing' behin the scenes I was told a ticket would be raised.

Got a phone call tonight (Tuesday) from BT.

I explain that after a recontract I a guaranteed 35Mbps according to the email.

Currently getting 25Mbps from the BT wholesale speedtest, whcih was slower than I was getting before my new contract and less that my current 31Mbps profile.

So he goes and does some test behind the scenes, comes back and says everyhing is fine, reset my Hub and I wil get full speed.

So I say "what 35Mbps?"

He says "yes 25Mbps."

Me, "No 35Mbps teh gauranteed speed in the email"

He, just says "reset your Hub, and reset again in 24 hours and it will speed up"

Now, I'm not really convinced it is fixed or if he thinks there is anything wrong.

Feel like I'm being strung along really.

Nay help would be great thansk

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Supposedly Fixed, Need Help pls

Your low connection speed is due to your high 10.3db noise margin as normal is about 6db. Instead of resetting the hub you need to maintain a stable connection 24/7 with no resets and the DLM will reduce your noise margin down to normal with an increase in speed nearer attainable. This could take a few weeks to happen though 

is there any noise on quiet line test.  Dial 17070 option 2. Should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Chris-S1S
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi

The quiet line test was very quiet!!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Then just. Matter of maintaining a stable connection with no resets or drops in conenction and waiting for DLM to improve your conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Chris-S1S
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for that, how long is it likely to see an improvement?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

There is no set time ant it could take a month if your connection is stable or maybe sooner

0 Ratings