cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 11 of 38

Re: Surrounded By BT Infinity - But not in my street - Database Error?

Go to solution

Waiting for the mods is the best bet. Make sure you linked to this thread when you contacted them.

0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 38

Go to solution

@k2sul wrote:

The cabinet is number 46 on the Carrickfergus exchange and listed here as being ready for orders!  If Carrickfergus is selected from the drop down box, my cabinet is the third from the bottom.

I would really appreciate any official BT assistance & comments on this, and would equally appreciate feedback from anyone else who has fought the same battle, and got a result.

Regards

Mark

Sorry, just wanted to ask the link you posted above, is there a Eangland/London version of the website?

0 Ratings
k2sul
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 38

Go to solution

I stopped yesterday with a BT contractor who was working on the cabinet that I have referred to in my earlier post. 

He explained that the fibre cabinet is linked to the previous generation street cabinet (which is on the opposite side of the street and which I thought was now obsolete) by an underground cable.  The provision of fibre services to the properties & streets in the area is through the previous generation street cabinet (No. 46 on Carrickfergus exchange). 

In cabinet 46, he explained in some detail and demonstrated very clearly how the block of connections to the left of the cabinet were used to provision my street (and all the others) with standard lines, while he also showed me the fibre connection points to the right of the cabinet which were fed from the fibre cabinet on the other side of the road.  He also showed me how the two were connected.  He explained that as far as the cabinet end of the supply was concerned, there was no physical reason why I could not have a fibre service.  Three feet of wire linking a fibre termination point to my properties termination point in the cabinet would complete this part of the procedure.

The gentleman I spoke to also explained that he had just fitted a new cable between the two cabinets and showed me where he had just installed 10 or 12, BT 237A 10 pair connection strips in the old cabinet to provide additional fibre connection points.  He obviously had no access to exchange tests etc, but he was adamant that my house could physically be connected to the fibre network, in the same fashion as the other 100 or so houses who were already on a fibre service.

I am more convinced than ever, that the database is incorrect when it says my postcode cant have service.

0 Ratings
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 38

Go to solution

He is right. There's no reason you can't be connected if your line passes through the cabinet you were looking at.

0 Ratings
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 38

Go to solution

@Icaras wrote:

He is right. There's no reason you can't be connected if your line passes through the cabinet you were looking at.

Was he able to confirm that your line was connected to the CAB he was working on?  Thats the critical question.

k2sul
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 38

Go to solution

No reply whastsoever since 23 August.  It just staggers me that BT just ignore issue like this. Probably in the hope that I'll go away.

0 Ratings
RobSmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 38

Go to solution

God **bleep** you're a motivated guy!

I hope you get it sorted, I'm sure you will.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 38

Go to solution

Hi K2sul

Sorry you have not a reply as yet. I will need to look into this to see what has been done so far.

In the meantime I have dropped you a reply to your emails. I have sent you a private message as well.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Galls
Beginner
Message 19 of 38

Go to solution
I am a neighbour of k2sul and I am in exactly the same position in that I want this service but it is being flagged as not yet available when it should be by all accounts.

Moderator - when you come up with a solution to this problem please let me know what it is so that all impacted households can benefit from the increased bandwidth.
Can you give anticipated resolution timescales so that we are not left waiting forever?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 20 of 38

Go to solution

Hi Galls,

We've got to the bottom of this and discovered that it was a database issue. It has been fixed now and the availability checker should change to reflect that you can order BT Infinity in the next few weeks, as long as you are also connected to this cabinet too!

Cheers

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.