cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonmoss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 88

Re: Suspicious activity request to change email password becoming regular event!

Per my earlier postings, rather than change your password, log back in to mail.yahoo.com on the web and just use the same password you used before. It then works ok on Outlook etc for a while. It's a work around rather than a fix but it's a hell of a lot easier than changing your password across multiple devices. I use BT email across PC, Blackberry and iPad (and am not going to stop doing so) and whilst doing the trick above something like every 5-7 days is a pain it's not a disaster.
0 Ratings
greglee
Contributor
Message 62 of 88

Re: Suspicious activity request to change email password becoming regular event!

Will have to try that to be honest so sick of BT they rang me last thursday to sell me Infinity 1 said not interested to keep this short said will keep at the price i pay well HE LIED so had to cancel on Saturday said all done will call back Monday again Lied to WAS NOT CANCELLED HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE NONE STOP STILL not sorted out and they promised to call tomorow supposed to be a Manager dealing with being MIS SOLD AND TO MAKE SURE ITS CANCELLED .They are the biggest liars have no idea what customer service is and if they fail to call me i will stop there payments with my bank and see the tossers in court so fed up with BT AND THERE LIES .......................

0 Ratings
greglee
Contributor
Message 63 of 88

I am getting now every day so sick of Bt i am having other issues so rang the ceo office and Carl has got involved with my case tommorow i am speaking with one of his people and will be raising this issue again with them as the Indian Tech guys talk a load of rubbish and like most dont open dodgy emails have plenty of security in place so there is no reason why this issue should keep going on .Will do a update once i get a answer as will not let this drop and if need to will go to there office in person to sort this out.

0 Ratings
kenf
Contributor
Message 64 of 88

I missed BT's rerturn call this morning, but I've had no problem for nearly a week!

As BT don't seem to be able to be terribly pro-active, I wonder if anyone has exactly the same problem as me?

They wanted me to ditch all email access except one - webmail - probably, in my case, on a Wndows PC.

However, I did agree to start trying to drop one method of access at a time, starting with using Gmail as a client (bringing in all my BTInternet emails into GMail, same as, in my case, all Microsoft emails (Outlook, Hotmail and MSN Messenger emails)).

Even though I stopped bringing in the BTInternet emails into GMail, the password change happened again, - so it couldn't be that. So, I then stopped using the Android email client. I still use the Aplle email client on my iPad. So far, no problem, although I susperct I'll have to wait a week or two yet. I haven't reconnected the Gmail bringing in BTinternet emails yet.

However.

When all this started, my Android phone upgraded from Jellybean to KitKat. I'm sure this was indeed about March / April last year. I've now upgraded again to Lollipop, and that didn't make any difference to the BTInternet email password issue still happening.

Is anyone else using Android KitKat or Lollipop as an email client? Did this happen to anyone using the earlier versions of android, such as JellyBean or IceCreamSandwich?

If it's OK with the earlier versions of android, then maybe the newer versions are the problem?

I would be interested to hear from anyone else, to see if they have had a similar reaction.

Ken

0 Ratings
kenf
Contributor
Message 65 of 88

I forgot to add. My mobile phone is a Motorola MotoG. It used to cause a lot of problems connecting to the internet when it was new and running Android Jellybean.

ken
0 Ratings
Karen09
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 88

Ken, I've been there and back, just like you.  I only access the emails through 1 pc now.  Not even using smart phone email, just to eliminate any variable.  This is plain ridiculous.  It is a server issue and somehow someone has got to get this fixed.  Macs, PC's, email forwarding or not, it still continues.  The only way to get your **bleep** email into your email client is to log into Yahoo.com.  Now someone somewhere with some senior experience who can speak English should be able to identify this problem and fix it for a company this size, this is disgraceful!!  I have had it.  I'm going to the CEO, I'm not going to stop until this is fixed.  Everyone here, just like me, has been fobbed off, misguided, put through hoops and high water just to prove to these Yahoo's that there is something seriously wrong with their servers!!

0 Ratings
greglee
Contributor
Message 67 of 88

I have had issues and spoke to Carl Green at the ceo office who has got his right hand man sorting this out for me as well as all my other issues with Bt SO THE ANSWER IS CALL Bt head office and speak to one of the main guys there ..

0 Ratings
kenf
Contributor
Message 68 of 88

Thank you Greg and Karen for your responses.

I agree, anyone with this problem MUST go through the CEO's office or you will get nothing done.

As I haven't had a problem for 2 weeks now, they have closed my case but have promised to re-open it at any time. The Indian call Centre promised that too, but didn't!

My contact in BT Newcastle won't tell me how many people have this problem, but has admitted at least one other person had an android mail (built-in) client on his device that caused the problem after an update, so, again, I wonder if there are more with this?

I have now installed the Yahoo Mail app on my phone and am using that, which seems to work just fine so far. BT aren't about to release a BTMail app, he says, but he didn't say if the Yahoo Mail app would work with BT Mail once I / we are switched.

I'll keep in touch.

ken

0 Ratings
greglee
Contributor
Message 69 of 88

I have not had any issues now for a week also they have changed my email to there new look system so maybe that will stop this issue ,the head office is the way forward as dont think we can trust the Indian call centre as they have played some games on me and the Ceo OFFICE ARE dealing with it at the moment ...

0 Ratings
Karen09
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 88

Hi Ken,

I'm afraid you are being taken down another rabbit hole by a well intentioned grass-hopper.  It has nothing to do with devices.  I've been going through this situation for months, without a device, then with one (smartphone android with email account added), then now without one..  and only using 1 pc.  It has nothing to do with devices.  It is a server problem.  This happened to me and others regardless if devices other than the main computer were accessing the mail server or not.

It is yet again another rabbit hole that these guys are chasing.  If they are going to fix this problem, they need people who have analytical skills and can assess that this has been happening, is still happening, is happening on both Mac & PC platforms, is not email client specific and happens with or without secondary devices also trying to access the email.

You would think that someone could weight the above information and get someone who knows their way around email servers to finally figure out where they have problems with our accounts.   Could it be that we all have accounts going back to btopenword?  Maybe there is an identification relay problem between their systems that is caused because btinternet is also btopenworld to the account name?

I don't know, but this is the sloppiest management of a problem I've ever seen.

0 Ratings