cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Swap Sky box NOT swap viewing card

Go to solution
After spending ages on web chat and on phone no one at BT seems to grasp the situation. Even BTs one help pages tell you that you have to re-pair the sky box to the sky viewing card but no one listens. All they want to do is swap cards. I will recap..... old skybox died. Took viewing card out and put in 2nd hand sky box. So now my SAME viewing card needs to be re-paired or relinked with the 2nd hand box. I can not do this on Sky site as not Sky subscriber. BTs own help page says contact BT. I did & hit a brick wall!!Please help.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Swap Sky box NOT swap viewing card

Go to solution
FYI I subscribe to BtSport
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Steinman,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks PaddyB. Will do so when back home later as card/ box details all there.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Well, much to my surprise & a good trawl through the internet I managed to solve my own problem!!

Here's how in case anyone else is interested.....Power up the replacement box - go to services then press (Services, 4, 0, 1, Select). (Its a hidden menu) And then pick new installation & put your veiwing card in & let it scan for channels and do a call back if call back is done correctly you should see "install completed". Call-back is done with the skybox being connected to the telephone line. See back of Skybox for phone connection. Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi! 

Im having the same problem, pay for BTsport hd package got Bt broadband but cant connect it to my skybox, saying the viewing card is not recognised!

Any help please?

Thanks

Lee

0 Ratings