Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mogweb
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Swaping mobile numbers between sim cards

Go to solution

When I have moved my existing number from EE to my new BT sim can I then move the original number from my new BT sim to my old EE sim. I want to use both phones.

mogweb

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 6

Re: Swaping mobile numbers between sim cards

Go to solution

Hi @mogweb

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Is there any particular reason why you want to swap the numbers about?  As you're keeping both the numbers would you not keep things as they are?  Personally if it was me that's what I would do.

I'm not too sure if it's possible to do what you have requested.  Someone may be along to offer further advice on this.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Hi,
No this is not possible, once you swap your number from EE onto the BT SIM card, the BT number originally allocated to it will be recycled for another customer in approx 6 months (same goes with any network).

Robbie - I assume mogweb would want to do this because of an increase of allowance on the BT SIM Vs the EE one he has and if the number is a personal / main use one - then that would make sense.

But sorry, nope, can't do that.
Similarly once you take the number off the EE SIM, that SIM card will deactivate as it will have no number associated to it.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Ahh I see @Fusionmoth

That makes sense.  Thanks for clearing that up pal.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
mogweb
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for all the replies. Sorry I have been out of contact for a while. The reason I wanted to change was to keep old number on my new unlocked phone using my BT sim. I was being a little silly really as nobody knew my new BT number. The obvious answer is just to puchase a new EE sim for my old locked EE phone.

Mogweb

0 Ratings
Ajibee
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

In order to keep both numbers you could transfer the first number to a third-party SIM, e.g. Giffgaff, then transfer the second number to the SIM for the first number, then finally transfer the first number from the third-party SIM to the SIM for the second number. Bit long winded and might mean spending a few pounds to register a third party SIM, but would achieve what you want. HTH.

0 Ratings