cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ateece
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Swapped ECI Modem to Huawei Modem - G.INP still off

I used to use an ECI modem with my own router - this initially ran at around 65mb/s. Last month it dropped to 41!

I had an engineer out who said the line tested as a maximum attainable of 56, and that this was above the Open Reach estimates. BTW the estimates have actually dropped since my line was installed too!

After reading about matching the cab to the modem I bought my own Huawei HG612 modem, and flashed it to the latest SP08 firmware. This has got my speed back up a little to 49mb/s which is good, but not great.

However I notice that G.INP still isn't being used even though I have a compatible modem and am on a Huawei cabinet - I thought all Huawei cabinets were now enabled.

Could my line be stuck with G.INP off because I used to have a non-compatible ECI modem on the line? If so how do I fix it? I have read it can take 1 - 2 days for the cab to notice G.INP is supported by the modem but it's now been 3 weeks!

Andy

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Swapped ECI Modem to Huawei Modem - G.INP still off

@ateece wrote:

Could my line be stuck with G.INP off because I used to have a non-compatible ECI modem on the line? If so how do I fix it? I have read it can take 1 - 2 days for the cab to notice G.INP is supported by the modem but it's now been 3 weeks!

Andy

That's difficult to answer as you used the ECI modem it would have been hard to see your the line stats and now you have a unlocked HG612 you can now see if G.INP is enabled or not as is the case.

The 1st Rollout of G.INP started on the 12th of January and was halted on the first week of April i think, if you had G.INP enabled on your line when the rollout was halted the only two things that would disable G.INP on your line and that would be a line reset by an OR engineer visit or if you moved to another ISP provider or you became a new FTTC user when the 1st Rollout was halted.

The second G.INP rollout across the UK started again on the 26th of May and can take 2 and half months to complete IE: every FTTC line in the UK has G.INP enabled.

0 Ratings
ateece
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Swapped ECI Modem to Huawei Modem - G.INP still off

Thanks for the response. I wasn't aware that the rollout was halted, I thought it was completed on all Huawei cabs.

Fingers crossed that it will get sorted in the next 2 months then as I suspect my drop in speed is the result of cross-talk.

0 Ratings