cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henners84
Message 1 of 11

Switch to BT Vision or wait for You View?

Evening all,

New to this forum and new to BT to be honest!

Currently we have broadband from Talk Talk and TV including Sky Sports from Sky.  The broadband from Talk Talk is getting unreliable and the Sky TV is costing an arm and a leg so I am looking around for options.

The BT infinity broadband, TV and phone package has caught my eye and even with Sky Sports added to the package I will be saving money.

What is putting me off is whether or not I should wait for BT to announce their You View packages and options before I switch now and sign up for a 12/18 month contract.

Any advice guys?  Is there a realistic timescale for You View from BT? I have registered my interest but am yet to hear anything.  Is there any indication that what they will offer will be considerably more advantagous than BT Vision?

Appreciate any advice...

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Switch to BT Vision or wait for You View?

From what I have read, I would go and get the contract with BT Vision, then when it does come out, call BT and they will give you the new box, and you will be able to recontract then, without charge. From what I have heard is that it might be coming out in a few days. You can register your interest here: http://www.youview.bt.com/

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

@kenkyle236 wrote:

From what I have read, I would go and get the contract with BT Vision, then when it does come out, call BT and they will give you the new box, and you will be able to recontract then, without charge. From what I have heard is that it might be coming out in a few days. You can register your interest here: http://www.youview.bt.com/

If you sign up to a BT Vision contract, why would then then give you a new YouView box?  I would personally hold off for a couple of weeks if you can. Fingers crossed there should be more information out in that time and you can make an informed decision.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 11

New Youview packages will become available in the Autumn - a matter of weeks. Like drhowells stated, just wait a few weeks to get a full view of all new offers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
micaye
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

go and get the contract with BT Vision, then when it does come out, call BT and they will give you the new box, and you will be able to recontract then, without charge. 

Can you confirm that BT won't charge for new box/activaion fee after getting contract for BT vision and upgrading to "new box" !!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

There is no way this would happen.
0 Ratings
micaye
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

I agree 100%

0 Ratings
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

How do you know that it is coming in a few weeks time?
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 11

BT are launching their Youview packages in the Autumn

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

@kenkyle236 wrote:
How do you know that it is coming in a few weeks time?

I don't think it will be coming in a couple of weeks, but I do think there will be some announcments about packagaes and prices in a couple of weeks.

0 Ratings