cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Switched from BT ADSL to BT 4G: all my email accounts and messages about to be deleted by BT

Go to solution

I complained to BT about my slow ADSL (under 2 Mbps download max) and they suggested I try their 4g broadband, as I am 2 miles from a rural mast. They sent a hub, I tried it and it worked, to 10Mbps download. So I switched, from BT to BT. But when they stopped my ADSL broadband, they also downgraded my email to basic, so cannot be used with client software, eg Outlook.

Now I see this message in a red banner on My BT:

Sorry you are leaving BT Broadband. Your email access will stop on 10/05/2021

If you want to continue your email service, you can upgrade to our Standalone (Premium Email) service. If you choose not to do this then your email service, including your email address and all of your messages will be deleted on 17/05/2021

In spite of many calls to 150, to Value Centre, EMail Services, via a Bridge Case (whatever that is) BT have been unable to resolve this, and I will in a few weeks completely lose all email services, which are included with a broadband contract. I would be happy to stay on basic email, don't want to pay £7.50 per month for a service that is included with my contract.

Any bright ideas?

TIA

Paddy in rural Wales

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Switched from BT ADSL to BT 4G: all my email accounts and messages about to be deleted by BT

Go to solution

They seem to keep moving the goalposts with Basic mail. You should automatically stay on Basic mail but it might be that you have to sign up for premium mail and then revert back to Basic.

I'll flag your post to the mods to see if they can clarify.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Switched from BT ADSL to BT 4G: all my email accounts and messages about to be deleted by BT

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyinWales

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the community.

I think we need to take a further look at this to get all the details. I've sent you a private message asking for the information we need to help.

Thanks

Stuart

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for responses: have sent private response and am holding my breath! -- Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Just a quick message to say that one of the Community Moderators here has been extremely helpful and has sorted out the problem, my email accounts are now Back to Basics (pace John Major 1993) and the frightening red banner warning of imminent decease has disappeared!

I had been unaware of this forum, and had tried to get the problem sorted through ringing 150, been passed from pillar to post, 15 calls since early March. The Moderator sorted me within 24 hours! Thanks...

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@PaddyinWales Hi Paddy, it was a pleasure speaking with you, I'm really glad I was able to help. 

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings