cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Switched to BT, no Internet for 2 weeks!

I've switched from SKY to BT. Process has been ongoing for 2 months now and i have had no internet for over 2 weeks! 

I am in absolute disgust at how terrible the experience has been.

It started when i got flyers in post saying "HEY JOIN BT FOR SUPER FAST INFINITY BROADBAND". Called the number on the card right away to join only to be told "Um sorry thats not available in your area yet please call back in 2 weeks". Thought to myself thats really odd but ok, internet speed is way faster that my SKY package so i'll call back. I called back and got it all set up only to be told another 2 weeks later that they couldnt switch the supplier and that i had to get SKY involved, called SKY and was told there is nothing they can do and that BT would have to sort it out. BT call me back again i agree to just wait until the SKY contract has completely finished. By this time i had been trying to get with BT for a month and a half now. Then came all the orders on my BT account. I have 6 orders! All in various states. All i wanted was BT TV, Phone and Broadband. 2 weeks ago i am waiting for Internet activation when suddenly my internet order was cancelled! No reasons why on the website, just cancelled with no contact by anyone as to the reasons why. I call BT and end up speaking to a clueless person which made me hang up. Call back next day and got to another department which seemed more promising but there were technical issues with the order, she couldnt actually add the internet package back to my account and had to get another technical team involved to fix my order. since then i've had 2 people phone me saying oh we are going to get this done ASAP (its now been over 2 weeks) and another order placed saying i would have my internet activated on the 9th of may which guess what.... now says "We have not received commitment for the order yet, so it may become delayed".

GREAT JOB BT - NOT.

I'm furious. Should have stayed with SKY!! How can they let this happen to people?!? Surely this cannot be an isolated case? all i did was try to switch from SKY. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Switched to BT, no Internet for 2 weeks!

Hi @Simon2016,

Thank you for posting. I am really sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your order. I would like to help put things right. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Nope, not an isolated case. I am also regretting the switch, i've been told I also have to wait another 2 weeks without broadband, phone and tv. All they gave me was a useless complaint number which is not going to help me use the phone or work from home via the broadband.  I was not even informed that there would be a delay which I am also furious about. It's going to cost of fortune to work off my mobile.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

@Simon2016 & @KellyK agree it's not an isolated case. We've been trying to switch from Sky to BT since 25/05/16 and had nothing but excuses that a ceaseon our line is preventing them from provisioning an order. Our line will go dead on Friday and then BT promise they will sort everything out by us being without phone and broadband for 14 days. After reading your story @Simon2016 I'm not even sure I want to risk this now. Case managers seem more interested in countering any critisism made of BT that to actually sort out the issues and make happy customers.

0 Ratings