Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whybs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Switching account to another user

Go to solution

I need to switch a property from my account, under which there are two properties, to a new account. My partner and i are wanting to separate our properties so we can manage them individually. My partner has alwayspaid the bill onher propoerty from her account. We are happywith the phone numbers, services and packages on both properties.

how disruptive will this be and how long should it take? What does bt physically have to do to make this happen . . .  I assume no screwdrivers are involved!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Switching account to another user

Go to solution

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

0 Ratings
Whybs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

This is a fairly simple question - i would rather see a description of what the process is please As my experience of speaking with people is that i never get the same answer twice.

Oh, and to be clear on the question, the two properties have different bt account numbers. They seem to be linked only inthat i see both when i look online under 'my bt'

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all post are read.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
A property under which there are 2 properties, far from simple IMO. Is that like a house built on top of 2 houses?
0 Ratings
Whybs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

sorry ... my fault. This really is simple. There are two properties with two completely separate supplies and separate BT accounts - they are a mile from each other. My name appears on the bill for both. In realiity my partner owns one of them and pays the bill for that, and I own the other and pay the bill for that. When I log on to 'my bt', once I get past the tedious marketing messages I am offered the option to select one account or the other. All I want to do is to change the name on my partner's account to her name, and to allow her to set up her own 'my bt' so she can manage it toally separately.

The phone numbers for both properties must be unaffected.

As I see it this is a purely administrative matter ... right? Hence the 'no need for screwdrivers' comment.

View is as the situation where two cohabiting people part company - one moived out leaving the other, who did not have the BT service registered in their name to take on responsibility for the service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
I Would take Keith's Advice
0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Many similar scenarios have been discussed on here before, for eg students sharing the same house and one of them leaves, just happens to be the one who's name is on the bill and guess what, BT will not transfer a contract under any circumstances. 

I know it stinks, that's how BT operates. You end a contract early = more money for them + new customer under a new contract ££££. 

Whybs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

at last an answer from someone who appears to not be in the world of BT. Shame nobody from BT is prepared to tell me what is actually involved. The truth is (as may have been obvious) I was asking mischievously having been through the tortuous process. The outcome was that my ex-partner was without phone for four days and without broadband for five days. It took a further two days to give her back the old phone number. Unbelievable!

Nobody warned us this might be the case. Either BT is totally incompetent, or as you suggest is intentionally making this complex.

0 Ratings