cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sijomi
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Switching from BT to PlusNet, BT to charge me for BT-Sport which I never ordered!

I'm in the process of switching all my BT services (phone and fibre broadband) to PlusNet. When I started this I phoned BT, advised them of the switch and asked if I needed to formally notify BT that I was cancelling all services. I was advised NO because everything would be cancelled automatically when the new provider notified BT of the switch. Broadband has now been transferred and phone service due to be transferred in a weeks time. I have just received an email from BT saying that as I am switching all services I will need to cancel BT-Sport or pay a charge for it and that I will be charged for it anyway from the date my broadband was switched until 30-days after the date I cancel it. I never ordered BT-Sport, it seemed to just get added for free to my account apparently simply because I had BT broadband, and I've never used it. How can BT charge me for something I never ordered, never used and when I was told by BT that I was not required to cancel anything when switching all services to another provider?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Switching from BT to PlusNet, BT to charge me for BT-Sport which I never ordered!

Did you remember if you ever clicked on this tile, on the MyBT extras screen?

If you did, then BT Sport would have been activated.

Image1.jpg