Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wairds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Switching from Virgin

Go to solution

I am very tempted to switch to BT Broadband but the one thing which has prevented me is having to change my @virgin.net email addresses. I have been informed by BT sales that it is possible to switch to BT Broadband and retain my @virgin.net email addresses. I have done some searching but can find nothing to confirm this. My question is two-fold:

1. Can I switch to BT Broadband and retain my @virgin.net email addresses?

2. If I can switch and retain my @virgin.net email addresses, how do I access my webmail?

Any informed advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Switching from Virgin

Go to solution
You'd need to speak to virgin about both points.

Some ISP's don't allow you to keep the email address when you leave. Most do, although they may charge you a small fee per month to keep it.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
davidmoss12
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

1st part yes you cab retain your old email you might have to pay a small subscription but legally it should be possible

2nd the same way you access it bow

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@wairds wrote:

@I am very tempted to switch to BT Broadband but the one thing which has prevented me is having to change my @virgin.net email addresses. I have been informed by BT sales that it is possible to switch to BT Broadband and retain my @virgin.net email addresses. I have done some searching but can find nothing to confirm this. My question is two-fold:

@1. Can I switch to BT Broadband and retain my @virgin.net email addresses?

@2. If I can switch and retain my @virgin.net email addresses, how do I access my webmail?

Any informed advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Your questions have been answered, but it might also be worth considering an email client to send, fetch and store messages on your computer; once set up, many find it more convenient than webmail. Thunderbird is a popular free program and is frequently recommended in these forums.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings