Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canexus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 27

Re: Switching nightmare from Sky

Go to solution

Good god... I am now told that I am not getting an engineer out between 1 and 6 and that it has been cancelled.  Apparently I cannot get an engineer out because I have an open order on my line...even though one was booked for today because the one who came yesterday didn't turn up.

What do I do??? Should I just bite the bullet and go back to sky? At least I can start from scratch and hopefully get broadband soon!  I've gone through all the complaints procedures but no one is helping me!

0 Ratings
canexus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution

Latest update is another engineer has been booked. Engineers haven't been coming because there was an open order on the phoneline.  So whose fault is that? BT admitted it was there fault of course.

What are my chances that he will turn up tomorrow?

#lost_hope #bt_fail

0 Ratings
AnnieH
Beginner
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution
Hi, i hope you are claiming compensation for all this? You do know you are entitled to compensation for every failed appointment,any time of work you have taken not to mention all the stress and time on the phone and emails? You must put this in writing to customer complaints and demand compensation.
0 Ratings
canexus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

Thank you.  I do aim to do that, but hoping to solve this issue first before we go down that path.  I've investigated, and it appears that individuals can involve the communications ombudsman.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution
you would be best leaving the helplines alone and just let the mods deal with this
0 Ratings
canexus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

Thanks.  I ended up getting a priority case manager after having about 5 managers not return my calls.

My issues have now been resolved.  Not after one last hurrah though.  The case manager called me this morning at 8.30am which was great, and advised that my appointment that was booked yesterday for 1 till 6 is going ahead and I should expect no change.  I was surprised when I got a call at 9am by the engineer who said he was waiting at my house. One mad rush back home again, and to my surprise, it was the same guy who came out on Monday.

At last, I am back from the dark ages. Thank you to everyone who has contributed in getting this resolved.

0 Ratings
Spitfire1500
Beginner
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

Ah yes switch from sky , where all the staff are in the UK and sort your problems...

bt are utterly usless, i have placed the order to change my broadband from sky to BT,

I am out of contract from sky, so all BT need to do is place an order on my line, job done sky stops

BT starts, or so i thought, they cannot take my line over as another supplier is running the line !, so i phone sky and

they said BT can just take the line, BT say they can't, well considering this is what BT do for a living i

expected them to sort it out, but they are just a load of planks on the phone in india that read scripts, completly usless

3 weeks still going on and on and on, another call to Delhi, and all is still as the script says , no hope of sorting

BT say i have now cancelled the order, what the heck i'm back off to sky this lot are usless.......

0 Ratings