cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Symbols

Go to solution

Can anyone tell me how to get symbols into my emails? I communicate with friends and family in France and they are miffed that our name is incorrect because I cannot add an e with an acute accent above it, neither can I use mathematical symbaols which I need occasionaly and have to resort to opening an word page and then copy and paste what I need into my email.  All other email systems I have used have the Symbol button but sadly not BT.  I had a fruitless live chate that was a total; waste of 20 minutes as all they said was "there is nothing we can do". Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Symbols

Go to solution

At the risk of getting shot down by the webmail fanclub. This is yet another reason to use a mail client such as Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail where symbols are available.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

There is no way to enter symbols using BT webmail.

The easiest way is as liquorice has suggested, use an email client, or you need to keep doing as you are doing by typing your email as a word document and copy and paste it into your email.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

It's a bit long-winded but you can do it with Windows. Make yourself a shortcut to the Character Map, which you'll find in the programs or apps under Windows Accessories. Once you've unearthed the character you want highlight it, click Select, Copy and paste the result in your text.

Or you're welcome to save these Gallic ones and use them to copy and paste. Other alphabets are available.

à á â ç è é ê ë ö

Voilà!

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

My method is much easier!! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yeah, but ...

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings