Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Synchronizing Calendars and Contacts in Outlook

Go to solution

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible (and how please) to synchronise the Clandar and Contacts stored in BT Mail with the Calendar and Contacts in Outlook (Office 2013)?  

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: Synchronizing Calendars and Contacts in Outlook

Go to solution

@JackPhillips wrote:

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible (and how please) to synchronise the Clandar and Contacts stored in BT Mail with the Calendar and Contacts in Outlook (Office 2013)?  

Many Thanks

You can export the calendar to an ics file.

When the BT mail calendar is open, goto actions > export. The file type for export is ics.

In Outlook 2013 goto file > import / export > select your option and import ics file.

It was functional when I last looked, although one poster says that calendar export is not available in the old BT Yahoo mail.

It should be a similar operation for contacts, but I haven't tried.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Synchronised contacts to Outlook 2007 2 days ago using the "File/Import/Export" method above.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the answer!

Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Glad it worked, but it's not really synchronising, is it?  Every time you make any changes or additions, you'll have to go through the same manual export/import kerfuffle again.

Instructions for doing it properly are here, but I've no idea whether Outlook supports the necessary protocols.

Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@IanC wrote:

Glad it worked, but it's not really synchronising, is it?  Every time you make any changes or additions, you'll have to go through the same manual export/import kerfuffle again.

Instructions for doing it properly are here, but I've no idea whether Outlook supports the necessary protocols.

That helps towards clearing up a mystery. The present (steam) method works for me until there's a better method available.

It looks as though it can and will work on Outlook. There's just a possible minor task of having to switch Outlook accounts to gain access to the newly created account in order to perform the sync, but it's a lot simpler than the import / export routine.

I don't store calendars or contacts on BT Mail, as there's no need, just being home based. Going by their recent improvement in blocking spam, the service seems to be quite secure - secure enough to store contacts and calendars, so you have all in one place, in accordance with the new trend of cloud storage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

how about the other way round? Can I import the outlook 2010 calendar entries into the BT Mail calendar? And keep them in sync?

Cheers

Geoff

0 Ratings