cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oblivion
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

System generated cancellation charge but I was out of contract.

I have a cancellation charge on my final bill that shouldn't be there.

I spoke to someone at BT and explained that I renewed then cancelled my contract straight away by email within the cooling off period as per consumer protection regulations, before deciding to move to another provider through an approved process.

He said not to worry as the letters were system generated and to get in contact again to have the charge removed if it appeared on my final bill.

It did appear on my final and I emailed to get it amended but no-one has done so, or replied to me.

I've heard there are Mods on here who can move things along a bit.

Please help!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: System generated cancellation charge but I was out of contract.

from memory there is no cooling off period on your bt contract renewal. even a new contract you must cancel before the broadband is activated - there are numerous posts on the forum about cancellation period

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
oblivion
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

I didn't have broadband, only phone and the CS guy said the letters warning me of the charge were system generated and I could have it removed if it did eventually appear on my final bill.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

then try live chat and see if they can help you 

live chat

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
oblivion
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Live chat just denied all knowledge of the telephone conversation I had earlier this month. I asked at the time for confirmation of what was said and the CS guy said the notes were on my account! Something very fishy is going on here!

I had a response to my cancelation email with a reference number, so I know they got it

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved
do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
oblivion
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Lets hope the mods don't deny all knowledge of this too.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

But you will get a slap on the wrists for posting the live chat conversation as it is against the terms of this forum.

I did the same and the contents of the post were deleted !!

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 9

Hi oblivion,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings