Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

T2100 Audio Out

Go to solution

Hi, 

I have a T2100 box which I use in the living room connected by HDMI cable to a receiver and onto the TV.

I bought an RF Modulator to take the audio and video signal from the rear of the box and use RF to watch it in the bedroom if I fancy watching the football or something I can't get using DTV.

In practice the picture is there but absolutley no audio out from either the phone L R connections or if I use a SCART lead into the modulator.

Am I missing something here?

The box is set to Stereo on both HDMI and SPDIF outputs (although I dont us the optical).

Any advise much appreciated.

Kevin

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: T2100 Audio Out

Go to solution

I'm using an RF modulator from the SCART output of my T2100 box to watch via RF on an upstairs TV. It works fine for me - both sound and picture - so can you try testing your RF modulator on the SCART output of a different device, just to rule out there being a probem with it?

I vaguely seem to remember having an issue with sound when I first set mine up, but can't remember exactly what the problem was. It was nothing to do with the box, it was something to do with the way I was tuning it in on the upstairs TV. Try letting your TV do a full auto scan for available channels and let it find it itself, rather than manually tuning.

Failing that, can you change the channel number on your RF modulator output, in case there's some kind of clash with another channel when you're tuning in on the upstairs TV?

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Absolutely spot on. Thanks very much.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Good stuff, glad it worked!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Kudo to you @voice_of_reason. Great post.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

But what actually fixed it ?

Quote: -

Try letting your TV do a full auto scan for available channels and let it find it itself, rather than manually tuning.

Failing that, can you change the channel number on your RF modulator output, in case there's some kind of clash with another channel when you're tuning in on the upstairs TV?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Cheers David. @speedtrip - I'm assuming it was the channel number on the RF modulator - at least that's how I read it! Either way, I guess it was a tuning problem on the TV.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Guys, I let me TV automatically search for the channel rather than entering the number manually.

Lets all it was.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
good to know - ta !
0 Ratings