cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS BT

I have been receiving lots of phishing emails proporting to be from BT. I tried to forward them to phishing@bt.com but they were returned as undeliverable. I also tried abuse@bt.com with the same outcome.
I know reporting such incidents is the only way to stop this crime and I thought BT might want to tackle these scammers at source so I decided to report the issue directly by telephone. I called 0800 800 150.
BIG MISTAKE!!
I was on the phone for an hour during which I was passed around and given different numbers to ring.
Here they are:
0800 169 1608 --- 0132 4452504 --- 0800 028 5085 --- 0800 800 154 --- 0845 607 1942 --- 0800 169 2712.
Non of the agents I spoke to were able to help and they just gave me another number to ring.
When I called the last number I had been given it turned out to be the BT satellite status recorded announcement line.

It was clear I was being given any number just so they could pass me on to someone else.
At this point I gave up.

I had specifically asked when I was given the non 0800 numbers for confirmation that I would not be charged for making these calls. I was assured on two separate occasions that because I was calling BT from my BT landline there would be no charge.
On checking my bill I found I have been charged for the two non 0800 calls and now BT refuse to refund the cost.

It's not just the money, it's as much the principle that has angered me.

I was trying to point out to BT that someone was attemting to defraud their customers and this is the thanks I get.

I have always been a BT customer and proud to say I was employed by them for all my working life.
That is why it particularly saddens me that staff training and the customer focus elements of the company have deteriorated from what was once considered to be an industry benchmark to where BT has managed to be the worst performer for the second year running in the Which satisfaction survey (April 2015).

A further small personal example of this downward spiral is that I had previously called them to renew my 18 month Infinity and TV contract so I could avoid the new £5 charge for BT sport.

Because I had not been sent the promised confirmation email I asked about this when I phoned with my my complaint about being charged for these calls to BT.
They had no record of my order!!
When I was asked if I wanted to place my order again I pointed out the way they were dealing with my complaint did not encourage me to do this. I got the distinct impression they could not care less if I renewed or not.

For the first time, I'm seriously considering my options.
This is no way to treat your customers BT.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS BT

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If you need direct help from BT or have an urgent problem please use this linkContact Us.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS BT

Hi bobwilly,

Thanks for posting. I’m really sorry you’ve had such a hard time in reporting this. We are aware of a problem with the phishing and abuse email address which we’re working on to resolve as soon as possible. Check out SeanDs Scam Awareness post. I can help with any other account issues you might have. Just drop me an email with your details. You’ll get the ‘contact us’ link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings