cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 43

Re: TP-LINK Archer VR900 AC 1900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit VDSL2/ADSL2+ Modem Router

@Automan Just noticed this was posted on Kitz today

'I just bought a VR900 a few days ago to replace my Billion 8800NL as I wanted the dual band ac wireless and ipsec vpn tunnel to connect to the office. Everything seems to work fine, only had it since Thursday but no problems so far. I was worried the streaming channels on my TalkTalk YouView might not work, but they worked fine without having to change anything.'

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 43

Re: TP-LINK Archer VR900 AC 1900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit VDSL2/ADSL2+ Modem Router

I also have this router and can confirm that it works with the BT IPTV channels if you configure it in 'wireless router' mode and use the EWAN port to connect directly to your BT VDSL modem (if you have one) and then use PPPoE as usual. As long as the IGMP multicast option is configured on both WAN and LAN it works (they are by default).

There is an outstanding issue with getting this to work using its in built VDSL interface, I have a ticket logged with TP-Link at the moment as IPTV does not work in this mode.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 43

I have been trying to use it including the VDSL Modem.

I seen new firmware out today but no mention of a fix for BT Youview. Interesting however they got it right for TalkTalk.

The new firmware does include ISP profiles so perhaps an error exist in thet part.

When I have the willpower I shall try it...

Publish Date 29/07/15

Bug Fixes:
1.Fixed the bug that devices could not connect to the wireless network when the SSID was hidden.
New Features/Enhancement:
1.Updated the ISP information list.

1. For Archer VR900_V1
2. Your device’s configuration won't be lost after upgrading, which means you needn't to configure your device again after upgrading.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 43

No better 😞

I even tried a factory reset...

Firmware Version:0.9.1 1.1 v004c.0 Build 150729 Rel.40033n Hardware Version:Archer VR900 v1 00000000

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 43

yep, also no luck.....i would have thought that creating a pure bridge additional interface on the wan side would do it but no luck there either.....other thing i dont like about this router is that you cannot restrict outbound traffic from a specific host on specific ports......that is sadly lacking...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 43

Got an email from them today...

They are working on a beta version to test.

I will report back if and when it turns up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 43

I have been considering this vdsl modem/router, have you found this to be stable when using the built in VDSL modem?

I currently use the home hub 5 so nolonger use the openreach modem. I was going to go for the ASUS RT-AC87U with the openreach modem. 

This TP-LINK modem/router looks a good replacement.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 43

As it has not been working with Youview not really had much of a chance to verify that.

From what I recall the older one seemed okay but only logged one day of events making it tricky to check.

Got a test firmware today Version:0.9.1 1.2 v004c.0 Build 150825 Rel.56905n to test which works first time with no tweaks or setting changes needed for Youview.

Set box to make some un-attended recording to make sure that works and will report back.

My box now has watermarked web pages saying "Confidential for test only" but I guess a proper version will be out soon.

One thing I have noticed is Upstream error packets.

Old one never changed from zero, new one is up to 3.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 43

@baconnugget wrote:

I have been considering this vdsl modem/router, have you found this to be stable when using the built in VDSL modem?

I currently use the home hub 5 so nolonger use the openreach modem. I was going to go for the ASUS RT-AC87U with the openreach modem. 

This TP-LINK modem/router looks a good replacement.

when I replaced my bt modem and asus ac68u with this and had it connected as a vdsl router I noticed it synced at 78/18 which was way better than the 72/16 i used to get, had it running for a few days and seemed stable.....

currently have it configured in wireless router mode with the bt modem until the vdsl youview issue is fixed which sounds like is imminent...

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 43

@Automan wrote:

As it has not been working with Youview not really had much of a chance to verify that.

From what I recall the older one seemed okay but only logged one day of events making it tricky to check.

Got a test firmware today Version:0.9.1 1.2 v004c.0 Build 150825 Rel.56905n to test which works first time with no tweaks or setting changes needed for Youview.

Set box to make some un-attended recording to make sure that works and will report back.

My box now has watermarked web pages saying "Confidential for test only" but I guess a proper version will be out soon.

One thing I have noticed is Upstream error packets.

Old one never changed from zero, new one is up to 3.

got this working with the test firmware, so all good now, hopefully the code will be released generally soon.

0 Ratings