Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melonrelish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

TP-LINK Archer VR900 or BT HH6

Go to solution

I have been using the Archer VR900 for a few months now and it works great, The connection is reaiable and BT TV works great with it. 

There is one thing that is bothering me, I can not set the router up for IPV6 it will not work no matter what settings I use. The BTHH6 did have IPV6 enabled and I had an IPV6 IP Address.

Is it worth swapping back to the HH6 for this function ? 

Is there a way of setting up the Archer VR900 to allow IPV6 Connections ? 

Thank You 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: TP-LINK Archer VR900 or BT HH6

Go to solution
To link have produced beta firmware for the vr600, I suspect the vr900 will soon be getting updated firmware also. I believe that your devices may be getting ipv6 addresses although the wan port on your vr900 isn't.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Looking at the emulator, you need to select Advanced > Internet tick IPv6 enabled and set addressing type to SLAAC. In Advanced > LAN settings  select address type as RADVD and Site prefix type as Delegated

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Looking at the emulator, you need to select Advanced > Internet tick IPv6 enabled and set addressing type to SLAAC. In Advanced > LAN settings  select address type as RADVD and Site prefix type as Delegated

That isn't quite right for the VR600, and I imagine the VR600 settings would be the same as the VR900. Under Internet Connection Setup, it should be Addressing Type = DHCPv6. On the LAN side, RADVD and Delegated are correct.

That works on the public VR600 firmware, in that all connected devices can connect natively using IPv6. The beta firmware improves IPv6 handling by giving the VR600 its own IPv6 address and providing the facility for creating more subnets than most people would dream of.

p

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hmm, thats interesting. I have to admit I didn't check on the previous IPv6 thread the settings you used (and my memory isn't what it used to be Smiley Wink), I just assumed SLAAC rather than DHCPv6 would have been correct.

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@prinknash That's how I have the VR400 set up.

0 Ratings
melonrelish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hello,

I have tried both settings and DCHPv6 works for me. 

Thank you for the infomation. 

cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Sorry to bring up this old thread but I am trying to get IPv6 working on my VR900v1. 

I have installed the beta firmware provided by TP-Link and followed their setup procedure but the Lan settings page wont allow me to save the DHCPv6 Server setting it gives an error code 86200 and "No Wan Connextion please add one". then in the  Prefix Delegated WAN Connection box it just states "No available interface" Am I selecting the correct setting or is it that IPv6 is not yet available on my connection? Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.

DHCP Server
IP Version: IPv4 IPv6
Group:
Address Type: RADVD DHCPv6 Server
Starting IPv6 Address: :: (1~FFFE)
Ending IPv6 Address: :: (1~FFFE)
Leased Time: seconds
Site Prefix Type: Delegated Static
           No available interface
Prefix Delegated WAN Connection:
No available interface

Save

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@cooperman

Not sure if this will help, but this is what I do with the VR600:

- under Advanced/Network/WAN Interface, choose to modify the only interface listed (pppoe_ptm_101_0_d)

- under Internet Connection Setup, Enable IPv6 and choose DHCPv6 as Addressing Type. (The IPv6 Gateway should be the same as the WAN Interface listed above.)

- choose LAN Settings and select IPv6 under DHCP Server, then it's just a matter of selecting RADVD (not DHCPv6 Server) as Address Type and Delegated (not Static) as Site Prefix Type. (Again, Prefix Delegated WAN Connection should show the same WAN Interface listed above.)

The Starting and Ending Address lines you quote should only appear if you're selecting DHCPv6 Server as Address Type - which you don't want. You want RADVD.

Apologies if this doesn't work or doesn't tell you anything you don't already know and is no help at all. As I say, it relates to the VR600 anyway.

p

cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@prinknash

Thanks for that prinknash that worked a treat.

Have run tests on two sites:

ipv6_test.com shows reachable for DNS4 + IP6 and DNS6 + IP4 but unreachable for DNS6 + IP6.

test-ipv6.com shows all corrrect but for "Your DNS Server (run by ISP?) appears to have no access to the IPv6 internet or is not configured to use it" (the test result shows time out after 15 seconds)

With my limited knowledge of this subject I guess this means that although my router is now configured to reach IPv6 addresses BT have not enabled their server on my line yet. 

Thanks again for your input.

0 Ratings