Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prinknash
Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: TP-LINK Archer VR900 or BT HH6

Go to solution

@cooperman

Glad that worked. Sounds like everything is in order now. The only way to avoid failing on the DNS IPv6 server test is to use non-BT DNS because - as far as I'm aware - BT haven't yet enabled their IPv6 DNS servers. That's not a problem at the moment but would be one day.

p

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

@cooperman

You could try setting these in the router.

OpenDNS:

IPv4

IPv6

I have used these, (IPv4), for years, when I enabled IPv6 in the router, January last year,  as soon as BT enabled IPv6 here everything just worked and the router automatically received the OpenDNS IPv6 server addresses.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Thank you both for your help. I have done further tests and now all show reachable at times and at other times only IP4 is reachable. Am happy that at least the router is now configured for IPv6 and as yet have had no problems reaching sites. Hopefully BT will get their end sorted out when the time comes when IPv6 is needed.

0 Ratings
ChristopherPovey
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I own a VR900v1 router and followed the instructions on this thread to enable IPv6, but it did not work.

My VR900v1 is stock (latest firmware). Would this not work? Would I need this beta firmware that I have seen mentioned?

Thanks.

Chris.
0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution
I believe you will need the beta firmware as there has not been an update for that supplied by TP. If you go to the support page you will see there is no new firmware for the VR900 v1.
ChristopherPovey
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

@coopermanwrote:
I believe you will need the beta firmware as there has not been an update for that supplied by TP. If you go to the support page you will see there is no new firmware for the VR900 v1.

IPv4 works at the moment. If it becomes an issue in the furture I'll have to think about replacing the router. I don't think TP-Link are going to formalise the beta firmware, or they would have done it by now. Also the VR900 is on v3 now too! 😞

Chris.
0 Ratings