cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: TP-LINK N600 TD-W9980

The youview box was working two weeks ago , although buffering constantly. We bought the TPLINK which was brilliant except we couldn't get on demand briadband TV, the box found the router etc but no channels available . So switched back to Hh5, reset the youview box and attempted to connect, nothing. Now the HH5 isn't sending data through the extender plugs.
So, my question is what did you do to get your TPLINK working with your YOUVIEW box.
It wouldn't surprise me if our box had become faulty too, so far five HH 5's !
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 28

See reply in your other thread, but have to agree with David, it sounds more like a you view box problem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 28

Or the extender plugs not connecting properly, which is more likely. Running a temporary Ethernet cable is the only way to prove it.

If the router is changed, then you would have to reset the extenders to default, and set them up again, as the IP subnet is most likely going to be different, so they will not pass data.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 28

Yes, missed the mention of extenders.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 28

@licquorice wrote:
Yes, missed the mention of extenders.

Yes, I cannot imagine all those HH5s being faulty. Swapping between the HH5 and the TP Link, and then back again, would upset them.

I wonder which extenders are being used? If they are the BT ones, then this post explains how to reset them if they are not passing data.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Discussions/BT-Broadband-Extender-Flex-Data-Light-Off/m-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 28

Thanks, strange thing after 48 hours of no data, suddenly data again. Think the plugs are faulty, again.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 27 of 28

Back again!

I have always had a 500mtr Cu line to the Cab' so when the HH5 stats gave me 40Mb max data rate and 40Mb data rate (att' 29) I was confused.
I would do a speed test and the data rate was confirmed at 40Mb.
Wait a minute, what is the HH5 doing. Does distance & quality (Cu) not affect anything.
I don't know about electronics at all, but in hydraulic terms I would expect a pressure drop at the HH5 with predictable consequences.
In my opinion I have suffered those consequences.

Upon installing the N600 it gave me a max rate of 40Mb & 35Mb user rate. This in my opinion is about right.

The N600 has sat there for 35 days now without me having to do anything.

Thanks Licquorice

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

My Neighbours had many probs with HH5 and with a td 9980 zero probs.

They called to see me the other day just for a coffee and to ask if I would help eat the mince pies before they were past sell by date.

In others words a result!!!

B.T broadband fine Router a problem.

But we on this forum can see this all the time.

Regards

C.J

0 Ratings