cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

TP-LINK TD-8817 settings for BT copper not fibre replace Home Hub 3

I thought I would share how to use the TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2+ Modem Router as a Replacement for the home hub3

this is Ideal if you want to Have your own more advanced firewall behind the modem such as a ZENTYAL SERVER 

Hope it helps save someone else some time

The Settings were all prety much detected by the Quick set up wizard Once I selected BT as the service provider from the Drop down 

The username should be entered the same as the home hub 3 eg bthomehub@btbroadband.com

I found that the password should be a valid email pattern I used myname@btbroadband.com

I did read in many places the password could be anything, however I found it needed to be a valid email pattern.

The settings at a detailed level if you want to input without the wizard are as follows

Virtual Circuit PVC0

VPI 0

VCI 38

ATM QoS UBR

PCR 0

SCR 0

MBS 0

IP Version IPv4 

ISP PPPoA/PPPoE   

Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com

password mynam@btbroadband.com

Encapsulation PPPoA VC-Mux

This ADSL2+ Modem Router only has One Lan Port So you will need a Switch to add further lan ports

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: TP-LINK TD-8817 settings for BT copper not fibre replace Home Hub 3

@buzgra wrote:

I found that the password should be a valid email pattern I used myname@btbroadband.com

I did read in many places the password could be anything, however I found it needed to be a valid email pattern.

That must be a quirk of the router, BT don't actually require a password at all as the authentication is against your phone number, hence generic login.

0 Ratings