Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

TP Link 701 and HH2

Go to solution

Hi – due to poor reception / dropouts, I have replaced my old HH2 (which used a TPLink 701, Version 1 as a repeater) with a new HH2 and I am trying to get TP Link to work with the new HH2 (again, as a repeater, as before).

I have been following Keith Beddoe’s notes (which I used to configure the TP link originally), so I set my PC to fixed ip address 192.168.1.100, Subnet 255.255.255.0, started by resetting the TP Link (to wipe any old settings) and I have uploaded his configuration files such that the TP link now has an address http://192.168.1.15.

TP Link is set to Wireless repeater

In the TP LInk's Wireless security I have selected WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK (per the HH2), left the version as Automatic, Encryption as AES and added the wireless key for the new HH2. Saved & rebooted.

When I press the Survey button I see the HH2’s SSID with a strong signal (I have placed the TP link quite close to the HH for initial set up), but when I press “Connect”the window immediately closes and nothing seems to happen. Going to Wireless statistics confirms I am not repeating.

I cannot see what I am doing wrong !

Can anyone please help – I am an absolute novice and this sort of kit, with the techie words above only repeated from Keith’s notes so please do not assume any computer knowledge at all ! .

Many thanks for any help you can give.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: TP Link 701 and HH2

Go to solution

Hi - I have now spoken to TP Link tech helpline and problem sorted.

Thanks

0 Ratings