cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

TRY THIS: if you have issues auto forwarding email from BT Yahoo Mail (to GMAIL)

I have seen many people complaining about the removal of the feature to auto-forward mail from their BT Yahoo mail account to, amongst others, their GMAIL account.

I too had the same frustration, and would point out that (for GMAIL at least) there is a solution to be found in GMAIL itself rather than within your BT Mail options.

Within your GMAIL:

Click the settings 'Cogwheel', and select 'Settings' from the drop down menu

Then on the options across the top, select 'Account and Import'

See the fourth option down - 'Check Email from other accounts'

You can configure this feature to make your GMAIL account check for mail in your BT mail account, and bring it through into you GMAIL inbox.

You can also 'label' it as 'BT' (or whatever you prefer), and mark the label with a colour to make it stand out if you prefer.

It will then appear in your Inbox and be immedaitely obvious as mail from your BT account.

You also have the option to leave a copy of the mail in your BT inbox, or not.  As preferred.

Hope this helps!

6 REPLIES 6
MrDrip
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: TRY THIS: if you have issues auto forwarding email from BT Yahoo Mail (to GMAIL)

Thanks HN, I am giving this a try.
0 Ratings
kenf
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: TRY THIS: if you have issues auto forwarding email from BT Yahoo Mail (to GMAIL)

Unfortunately, there were several hundred of us who had to stop using email clients to "grab" BTYahoo emails after a major Yahoo failure in 2013. The only way we can safely check our BTYahoo emails is to get them forwarded.

0 Ratings
MrDrip
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thanks HN. This has worked. My messages are now arriving in Gmail from Bt Yahoo as I want.

0 Ratings
Cappuccino24
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I'm trying to do this as I am not recieving BT emails in Outlook or on my phone.

I'm getting this error message in Gmail:

Server returned error: "Missing +OK response upon connecting to the server: * OK IMAP4 PROXY server ready"

Is this connected to the problems I am already having or have I entered the details wrongly?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

If you can't collect your mail directly, unfortunately, neither can Gmail as it will use the same login.

There doesn't seem to be a fix for your particular problem, except wait and don't change any passwords etc.

0 Ratings
Cappuccino24
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

ok thanks. I can still get Webmail, I was just hoping to get a way round in Outlook. I'm going to have to delete BT email from there soon as am getting error pop-ups every few seconds so it's hard to use my other accounts.

0 Ratings