Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billmess
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

TV Anywhere - error code TVE_P928

Go to solution

I am repeatedly losing access to TV Anywhere and being told I have reached the permitted device playback limit (of two).

As I only have two devices I have never tried to exceed the limit.

The problem has been resolved previously by the "technical management centre team" clearing all devices from my account and letting me start again.

1. How can I gain direct access to the the technical management centre team without having to waste hours & hours of frustration going through the totally useless offshore support?

2.  Why does this problem keep happening and how can it be prevented from recurring?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
JohnC2
Message 2 of 7

Re: TV Anywhere - error code TVE_P928

Go to solution

Hi @billmess It may be that you have the same device registered more than once. 

Drop us over your details by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods and we'll be happy to take a look and get this fixed for you.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
billmess
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I was advised by one of your colleagues that the only way to access your tech management centre was through the normal support route - so I reluctantly bit the bullet and wasted yet another hour arguing with your offshore support finally persuaded them to forward my request to tech management who cleared registered devices in device management so am now up and running again - for now anyway.

How can I prevent your system registering my two devices multiple times? I dont really want to spend the rest of my life tearing my hair out with your support staff.

0 Ratings
billmess
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

That was the cause not the solution - it was caused by "CCleaner" that I use for cleaning up my PC.

The solution advised by BT Technical Management Centre Team was to exclude Sliverlight when running CCleaner scans - there is an option to EXCLUDE items/folders from a Scan.

to EXCLUDE the folder; "Silverlight"

this is located in :

1: Start Menu > search for: %Appdata%

2: Select "Roaming"

3: On the folder address, click "AppData"

4: Select "LocalLow"

5: select "Microsoft"

6: Select "Silverlight"

*The file path will look like this:

C:\Users\***USERPROFILE***\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Silverlight

This solution worked for me.

Drabs1
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
My Moto g4 is paired with my you view box and is only the 2nd of 5 allowed connections but on trying to watch live on my mobile I am getting this error code ? How do I clear this error message?
0 Ratings
Drabs1
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I called the BT Customer Service (Overseas) and explained that my TV showed that I only had one of the permitted 5 devices paired and yet I continued to get this error message on my mobile,  After instructing me to re-install the BT TV App on my mobile I then went through the pairing procedure and yet again I had the seam error message on the mobile.  I was then informed that they would take this up a level to the Technical team and I'd hear back from them.

In the mentime I then scoured the BT website and found a page which after logging in to My BT i could go to a seetings page and select Device Management and I then found that there were 2 devices registered with the maximum number permitted as 2?  So this Device Management page said max 2 devices and my TV says 5? I have now cleared both of the devices but must now wait 30 days before I can register a new device.  Why on earth do I have to wait 30 days before I can register a new device?  That's another month without the TV Anywhere function.  It also begs the question as to why the BT Customer Support couldn't direct me to this page?  

0 Ratings
billmess
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Drabs1 - I was equally confused about how BT TV works and the references to 2 and 5 devices.

It transpired you can only view "TV Anywhere" on TWO mobile devices be they mobile phones, laptops, tablets, etc.

The five devices referred to on the TV box settings are the maximum number of mobile devices you can register to control your TV box remotely i.e. set to record a programme to when you are away from home.

Hope this helps!

0 Ratings