Message 41 of 55

Re: TV Entertainment - price rise

I see StewM beat me to it! 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 55

I have unlimited Infinity2 for my broadband so useage should not be a problem for me. Thanks again for all the info, I find out more via forums than phoning so called experts.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 43 of 55

@OlgaC wrote:

Hi guys, 

BT has added eight new channels to its Entertainment package, meaning that customers will now enjoy a great line-up of 28 extra channels, as well as free BT Sport and the brilliant new AMC channel, which is free for BT TV customers.

We have written to the minority of our TV customers on the Entertainment package to let them know about this enhanced programming, and also to let them know that the price will be increasing by £2 a month. The new additional channels are Comedy Central Extra, MTV Music, Eden, Home, Good Food, Movies 24, Lifetime and H2.

We hope our customers will recognise that Entertainment still represents good value. If customers want to discuss their options they can call us. They are free to leave without paying penalty charges if they contact us within 30 days of receiving their email or letter about these changes.

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Can the mods please ask for clarification  as to  why the price increase announcement  has been delayed and not advised to customers alongside the other announced price changes . 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 44 of 55

If there was or has been a price increase in my MAX package I haven't received any notification at all

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 45 of 55

the relevant published notice read  (effective date 20 Sept) .

bt tv price changes announced with package changes.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 55

So where is my pack on that list? more confused than ever by BT!     ↓  ↓  ↓

Hello,

We’re changing the price of your TV Entertainment pack and adding eight new channels.

From 1 November 2015, the price of your TV Entertainment pack is going up by £2 a month – from £7.50 to £9.50.

At the moment you’re getting a £2.50 a month discount. When the discount ends you’ll pay £9.50 a month. If it ends before 1 November, you’ll pay £7.50 a month and then the new standard price of £9.50 a month.

BTW do the new channels activate from Nov 1st?  Been searching the TV section for details about this why is it in the bills section!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 55

Today, I took the opportunity to cancel my BT TV.

I only used to watch about 4 programs a week and with the boxes inability to start recording at the right time and having to jump/skip commercial breaks I thought it was poor value for money (even before the rise).

Under 10 minutes on the phone.

A little unreleated, but why cant a company the size of BT afford to have a home page and website that is not covered in adverts for totally unrelated products e.g. a new car?

Navigation to BT services would then be so much easier...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 48 of 55

I tried to downgrade from max to save money. However apparently I can only cancel. Then rejoin ...after cancellation

crazy crazy

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 49 of 55

Previously Bt allowed you to regrade your existing BT package. Why is this option not beig allowed here.

There is another example here

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/I-feel-cheated-by-BT/td-p/1536054

whereby Bt are requiring the customer to go via an unnecessary route to change their service.

I did ask earliar in this thread for the mods to get clarification of the options available to customers.

It would be beneficial if they did so.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 50 of 55

Couldn't agree more I wanted to downgrade but I'm not allowed to revert to what I originally signed a contract for it the £10 package. I upgraded to the £15 package on impulse now I would like to revert to the £10 package but can't unless believe it or not I cancel the entire service before October 14th and then buy the whole thing box and all again
Sheer madness.

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings