Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynoman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

TV Installation no show

Go to solution

Hello everyone,

My first posting on the forum and sad to say it is a complaint.

We recently moved over to BT from Plusnet, the main part of the decision to move services was the better TV offering from BT when compared to Plusnet's TV service.

The fibre switch over to Infinity 2 went fine but the TV installation (or total lack of) has been a perfect display of terrible customer service.

The engineer was due to arrive last Friday afternoon (30th April) so i took the afternoon off work to be there. I sat there waiting in excited anticipation of this televisual feast that was soon to be made available to me. Ok i wasn't that excited but i was sat there waiting.. and waiting...and waiting. The time slot came and went and nobody had turned up and i had turned from a happy expectant customer to a seriously fed up one.

i then spent 20 mins on hold waiting to talk to a customer adviser and then a spent a further 30 trying to get an answer why the engineer had not turned up.

In the end the answer i got was .. "well sir we can see and confirm the order and appointment for your TV service here on your account at our end"

...but... "for some reason they (cube whoever they are) have not received the order so they were never coming"

I then got the ..."sorry about that sir we can try and make you a new appointment but the earliest we can do is the 9th of May".

After saying that i was not happy having to wait another 10 days for my service and the fact that we were going away on holiday on that date made it unsuitable anyway, they suggested letting the current order on the account to expire which would happen at midnight and then they would call me back next day to remake an appointment.

I agreed to this and they did call back as promised unfortunately i was out when they called and my mobile was apparently going to answer phone but instead of calling me back later or leaving me a message to call back they instead rang my home number and proceeded to make the appointment with my 15 year old daughter who was home at the time for 7:00 am in the morning on the 9th of May!! The very day they were already told was not suitable due to us leaving for holiday that day.

They had no right organising the appointment with someone who was not the account holder and should have instead asked for me to contact them on my return. That in my book is shocking lazy customer service BT.

Please tell me why it takes 10 days to rectify your mistake?

Why is it not possible to schedule an engineer to rectify your mistake with an elevated level of urgency?

I am now readying my self for another marathon phone call to customer services to get this sorted.

sorry to start with a rant folks.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: TV Installation no show

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

Try  the  Order Live Chat Team

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
dynoman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hello there, Thank you for the welcome

yes im quite aware about this being a customer to customer forum so no need for the BOLD TYPE,

I'm simply just venting my frustration as i'm also aware it does get moderated and visited by BT staff as shown in the responses from them to the posts of many peiople on here showing their own frustrations.

Thanks for the link i will give that a try as well.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Why do you need a engineer to install the TV? Can you not just plug it if yourself the same way the previous one was connected?

0 Ratings
dynoman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Hello there,

As it is the Total entertainment package with the UHD youview box engineer installation is a requirement, there is no self install option available.

I am actually considering downgrading the package to the standard box for that very reason so they can just post it out to me and i can install it my self. Although i dont see why i should, BT should just get their act together and fullfill their promisses and do their job properly.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
I installed all the equipment myself, have you tried?
0 Ratings
dynoman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

@jam2000 wrote:
I installed all the equipment myself, have you tried?

No as i have not got the box it was being brought along by the BT engineer according to the details of my order, otherwise i would have believe me.

0 Ratings
Manka
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Engineer didn't bring the box to my installation appointment yesterday. The company that are acting for BT gave me this number **Edited** for the stock management team. I spoke with someone and they agreed to send the box directly so I could install it directly myself (also promised to credit engineer install cost). Hopefully this will work out well, even if I have to wait a few days...

0 Ratings
dynoman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for that number I might give it a try if i don't get anywhere. CS are due to contact me on Tuesday as the installation dept does not reopen till then due to the bank holiday. They said they would try to elevate my order installation and get it pushed through urgently especially as it was them at fault from the very start, so here's hoping.

I will update how we get on when they get back to me.

0 Ratings
Manka
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
Well after finding out that the first person I spoke to didn't actually order the box, the second person I spoke to on Tuesday arranged for it to be sent out and it arrived today. Pleased to say that all worked well and an engineer visit was not needed. Now I just need to try and get a refund of the £20! Wish me luck. Pm me if you need the number...
0 Ratings