Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynoman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: TV Installation no show

Go to solution

Thought i would update how things are going with my BT TV installation.

After many phone calls trying to get a new appointment I eventually got a phone call from the company used by BT for completing their installations, A company called cube. The lady who contacted me apologised for the previous missed appointment and then proceeded to make a new appointment that was more convenient to me (and by convenient i mean not on the day i was leaving to go on holiday).

So the appointment was made for today (Friday the 6th of may) between 3 & 6 pm along with a further apology for my previous missed appointment and a promise this time it will happen.

Well i am sitting here now at 10:15 pm and guess what .................... nobody turned up. no installation engineer has visited my house today.......... i did get a phone call from my engineer at 2:00 pm to tell me he was running approximately 1.5 hours late but that he would get to me. But he didn't.

I am now so totally fed up with this lack of service that i think i will just cancel the whole thing and go back to sky.

If anyone from BT should stumble across this thread be you a company rep or moderator i would just like to tell you that your company sucks.

I may have just been lucky in the past but i have never come across such poor standards of customer service from any other company i have ever dealt with. BT has to be at the very top of the **bleep** customer service league table.

sorry for the moan but i am just totally fed up.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @dynoman Sorry that the Qube engineer didn't arrive to complete your BTTV connection. 

We will be happy to help you get this sorted if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
dynoman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you for your offer of help JohnC2 it is most appreciated, however I am pleased to say the installation was completed today.

I rang BT customer services at 9:00 this morning and explained that it was another no show from the installation engineer, the person i spoke to was very understanding and understood my annoyance at the situation agreeing that it was simply not good enough, he then said he would contact Qube (the company responsible for installs) immediately and would try to get the situation resolved today. He put me on hold for 5 mins and then came back to me with the news that an engineer would be with me within the hour and true to his word there was a knock on my door 50 mins later.

The engineer from Qube was very apologetic and informed me that he had been told to drop everything and get straight round to me to complete the installation.

A little bit later after the engineer had completed the job and left i received a call back from the BT customer service rep who i had spoke to earlier and who had got the appointment organised. He wanted to make sure the engineer had indeed turned up and had completed the installation and wanted to know if i was satisfied the job had been completed. He again apologised about the poor service i had received and hoped that now everything was ok.

That was a nice gesture and was most appreciated and was an example of good customer service that deserves recognition.

To be fair all the people that i have spoke to at BT have been good and have tried their best to help (apart from the one who organised an appointment with a non account holder).

but it seems the problems i was suffering were all down to Qube it seems they may just be overloading their engineers with amounts of work that they simply struggle to complete.

This however doesn't let BT off the hook, they outsource this work to this company and as such should ensure good standards of customer service are upheld which is quite clearly not happening. 

Anyway it is all sorted now which at least means i can stop moaning 🙂

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

@dynoman Thanks for posting the update. That's great, I'm really glad the customers service adviser got your visit sorted and once again we're sorry about the missed visit.

0 Ratings