cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

TVE_A914 Error - BT TV Everywhere

Having had my BT Infinity and TV services activated 2 weeks ago, i am just shocked at how awful the Customer Service Experience has been, the debacle has been as follows:-

1 - BT TV and Infinity to be activated 2 weeks ago on same day.
2 - Engineer only did Infinity because he had no BT TV on the job.
3 - My BT TV UHD bix then arrived by post an entite week later.
4 - Once setup, i tried multiple times to order an additional Youview+ box and extra box sub, aparantly not possible without downgrading - madness!
5 - Last week i then try and use the BT TV Everwhere service which is included in my Total Entertainment package, but recueved error code tve_a914.
6 - I then spent 90 minutes being passed between 5 departments to resolve the issue, i then was cut off when being passed to Faults.

BT TV services are an absolute farce! They wint let me an order an extra box sub AND my BT TV Everywhere app is not activated and couldn't be sorted in a 90 minute call between 5 departments.

What an embarrassment for BT.

Any advice on the BT TV App issue would be most appreciated.

Thanks
James
0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Message 2 of 24

Re: TVE_A914 Error - BT TV Everywhere

Hi @jlb777 and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry you're having so many problems with the order. It shouldn't take speaking to 5 different depatrments to get this sorted. Can you please send me over your details and I'll look into it for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Hi David,

Am i safe to post details here?

Thanks

James

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 24

Hi

I have had th same problem accessing BT TV and have been on hold for over 5 hours over the last 4 days and still no fix. Very poor from BT TV, should have stuck with Sky.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 24

I get the same error code tve_a914 and nobody seems to be able to fix it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 24

Hi @garethojones007 Sorry that you are also getting this error message.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Hi all, just joined BT, Youview box installed yesterday. Tried to login to BTTV app and got the same error TVE_A914. Been on the phone this morning to 5 different departments, now been on hold for 56 minutes. It's pretty shocking really, a communications company which cannot communicate! One day in and I've spent 3 hours on the phone!! Wish I hadn't given up Sky.

Has anyone had any success in solving this? The error code is unrecognised on the BT database of errors. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 24

Hi, Ive had the same error having just signed up and tried to use the service. So far about 3 hours on phone and chat and not solved yet. I did find a link to the error code meaning - here it is

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51423/~/tve_a-error-codes-on-the-bt-tv-app

something about linking account to primary ID. I tried the suggestion, but couldnt see the way to link the proimary ID

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 24

They had to re-order my package on the bt internal systems to resolve this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Hi again all. I left a review of the app on Google Play explaining the problem, and the app developer responded very quickly and had me up and running within a few hours. I've posted him in the direction of this forum thread so hopefully he can sort it out for you guys too.
0 Ratings