cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Talk21 Email Account not downloading new messages.

Go to solution

HI,

I have a talk21 account, that has stopped downloading new messages to my email clients whether on Mac or PC the same issue. Have spoken to BT Support, same response to many on here that Client email apps not there issue.

I'm still on the BT Yahoo platform even though I upgraded to premium to save my email address from being deleted.

All was working great up till the end of August 2017, then no new emails have been received into my email clients, only on the Android yahoo app do I receive emails.  Any help would be appreciated.

ZK

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Talk21 Email Account not downloading new messages.

Go to solution

Have you tried using the format of username.t21@btinternet.com instead of username@talk21.com for your email settings?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

HI,

I have indeed, with the mail.btinternet.com settings for use with IMAP. Am stumped as to why it is not working all settings as per BT instructions pass word is correct. Thanks for the suggestion.

ZK

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I suspect it is just one of the many glitches the BTMail servers seem to suffer on a fairly regular basis which unfortunately they appear to take no responsibility for.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

So what does one do, especially since I'm paying BT for there premium service. BT support is of no help, and they deny all issues that are not related to their webmail.  Thanks for your suggestions. If Anyone else has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

ZK 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Unfortunately, there is little you can do. As long as webmail works BT wash their hands of any server problems.

PS Premium mail is not in any sense a 'premium' product. It is just the name given to the exact same mail service that is free to BT Broadband account holders.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Have you tried setting up your email clients with the Yahoo server settings.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3697.html

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

There must be something or someone who can sort these issues out. Thanks

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I had those Yahoo IMAP settings previuously, then I changed to mail.btinternet.com, I've now reverted to the yahoo settings again. Still not all the new emails have been downloaded to the email client. thanks for the suggestion. ZK

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

HI,

Anyone got any idea how to solve this issue or get BT to deal with it. Any help would be appreciated. ZK

0 Ratings