cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Talk21.com email always goes to Yahoo home page during login

Help! I have lost access to my talk21.com email for 3 weeks now! I have spent over 4 hours on the phone and had 2 remote access sessions plus reset my password about 30 times. I am told that my email address is held on the Yahoo servers. I have tried to login in at BT and mail.yahoo.com. When logging in through BT the message tells me my email has been compromised and I need to chance the password (I have now done this multiple times). The password is accepted but I go through exactly the same loop when logging in again. When logging in through Yahoo my email and password are accepted but it goes to the Yahoo home page. Re-enter the data and go to the Home page again - a continuous loop. Tried resetting password and the same again. I have used IE, Chrome and Firefox. I have deleted cookies, viewing history and caches. I have spoke to BT Tier 2 when I am willing to spend 45 mins waiting for the call to be answered. My sanity is going quickly. Any help would be much appreciated as who knows what emails are not being dealt with!!
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Talk21.com email always goes to Yahoo home page during login

When you are taken to the Yahoo Home page what happens when you click on the "mail envelope" at the top right of the page?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

I am asked for email address (Username). That is accepted. Then I am asked for my Password which is accepted and then I go back to the Home Page and start all over again! I have tried putting in an alternative email address and bad password both of which quite rightly get rejected. I have been able to reset my password going through the email link, then log back in with the new passowrd and, surprise, surprise I am back at the Yahoo Home Page!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @mike_cowther,

Thanks for posting. This certainly sounds strange. We'll need to take a closer look at this for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

I would appreicate any help you can provide. My time on the phone with various BT reps is over 4 hours now and all that is ever done is try diffferent browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox), delete cookies & history etc, change passwords (about 50 times now) and 2 remote access sessions (doing the exact same as above). They go over the same approach each time, say they don't know how to fix it and offer to transfer me to Tier 2. If I am lucky it only takes 40 mins to get an answer. I don't know how the links work (or don't in my case) in the background for email but I cannot help thinking this is where the problem lies.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi Mike,

I've been checking to see if we have any contact from you in our queue but can't find anything. Did you do what @DavidM asked? If you didn't, can you click on my username and then on contact the mods please?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Daniel. I completed the form at "Click here to contact the mods" which included my new contact email address. I received a BT email response with Ref number.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Thanks @mike_cowther

It'll take us a few days longer than normal to pick it up but we will. We'll be in touch.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

For information, when I have entered my username and password into Yahoo mail and just before it goes to the Yahoo home page (as always) another link pops up temporarily https://edit.yahoo.com/shf/process?.scrumb=hlAIv.qSnNo&.done=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.yahoo.com. I'm not sure this has any significance but thought I would publish it anyway
0 Ratings