Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 30

Re: TalkTalk Homesafe blocking websites on BT broadband

Go to solution

Its more likely that the phone line is affected as well, as the local network is where mistakes are often made.

If you can get hold of a phone and plug it in, then dial 1470 17070 and see what you get.

You should get a message telling you your phone number. If its not your number, or if you get a message from TT, then its a local routing issue.

You can also try calling 150, and see if you get "Thank You for calling BT"

Why I ask this, is that it will be information that will help DavidM work out where the fault is.

I had assumed that as you had spoken to BT, you were using your home phone line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 30

Go to solution
Hi David,

Would it be possible to get a quick update on the progress of this?

Cheers,

James
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution
Unfortunately I'm unable to connect up a home phone to test this. But when the automated service detected a problem in the phone line it did raise an open fault.

Apparently our internet was down for 3 days prior to this problem, so I'm under the assumption that our connection was knocked out at the exchange point, and then accidentally mixed with someone elses talktalk connection when we were reconnected.

Luckily we have unlimited broadband, but I hope we haven't run up a huge bill for whoever owns the talktalk broadband we've been using.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

Hi jdenyer5,

Thanks for posting.

I can see that we've got your details in our email queue but we haven't got as far as you yet.  When you reach the top of the queue a mod (or myself Smiley Happy) will give you a shout to help with this.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution
Thanks, Robbie.

I'll keep an eye out.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

It does sound like a local network issue. Have you tried calling your home phone number, and see if anyone answers?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution
Unfortunately, we're unable to get hold of one to run this test.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

Have you tried calling your number from a mobile phone, and see it the person at the end thinks they are with TT?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution
Good idea, I just tried it and it was ringing. I'll try again later as the person may be at work now.

At least then I can tell them about the situation, they may be wondering why non of their parental controls are working for them.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

When this is sorted, you are going to have to sort out a refund on any phone calls that were made on your line, if it was actually connected to a customer. The moderators should be able to help with this.

It may not be going anywhere at all, apart from a disconnected pair of wires, so you may not get an answer anyway. Its possible that someone was working on the network and disconnected some wires by mistake, then reconnected them up wrong, or the local cable records were incorrect.

0 Ratings