Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 21 of 30

Re: TalkTalk Homesafe blocking websites on BT broadband

Go to solution
Ideally I want compensation for the 3hrs approximately I've spent on the phone arguing and constantly explaining to people reading scripts on the other end that the problem isn't at my end of the line. I got pretty sick of endlessly hearing "We're providing you with broadband, so we're not the problem".
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

You won`t get that I`m afraid. Here are BTs arrangements for Residential Customers.

Customer service guarantee

You should be able to work it out from that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution
Just an update guys.

I just had a surprise visit from some BT engineers to fix the phone line issue that was detected by the automated service I mentioned about. Before they even started to look for the problem, I mentioned the possibility of the switched connections, they went to check the exchange and found the error. It seems someone had mixed them up.

Many thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

I thought it had to be something simple. It may be worth logging into MyBT, and checking your recent usage since the fault was reported.

Do you still need the assistance of the moderation team?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

No, everything is working perfectly now thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

@jdenyer5 wrote:

No, everything is working perfectly now thanks.

I will let them know. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution
Hi, I have the same problem, BT Broadband customer but just started getting the Talk Talk Homesafe message when I try to access various sites ...I am tech savvy, but no idea how to proceed ....can you help ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

Hi,

Firstly, you'll find it's near enough impossible explaining the situation down the phone because it's so peculiar and completely off their script. The only way I managed to get it fixed was getting an engineer out and explain the situation to him.

It turned out that connections within my block of apartments accidentally got switched at the connection box. I had someone elses broadband, and they had mine.

If I remember rightly, if you test your phone line on the BT website it should pick up on some problems saying that they need to send someone out to check the lines. Calling the customer services for broadband will just result in them checking your connectivity, saying it's fine and that the problem is with your devices and then closing the ticket.

I hope this helps in some way. No one should go through the headache it caused me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution
Seems to be sorted now, BT must have picked up on it ...thanks for the advice ! Cheers
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 30 of 30
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings