Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 27

Re: Tech Experts lol

Go to solution
Ive had this service for 12 months of excellent service.

I make one phone call to cancel the TV and I happen to mention that I have bought my own router. Then a few hours later my speeds were halved. I can no longer watch HD 'catch up programmes' on my Sky (constant buffering).

My account still says I have Infinity 2, so I put my old Hub 5 router back to appease BT. Spent a frustrating hour on the phone to a very polite imbecile in India only to be told its within acceptable limits.

If this is an acceptable limit I might as well downgrade to Infinity 1 and get the same speed lol.

BT have capped my Infinity 2, dont know how, dont know why.
I make my living on the Internet and I'm disgusted by my treatment so far.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 27

Go to solution

@Neil_McCabe wrote:

I make my living on the Internet and I'm disgusted by my treatment so far.

If you are running a business, you should not be using a BT Residential service, as its against the T&Cs.

You would get better treatment if you had BT Business Infinity, and also a quicker repair time if things go wrong.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution
Im a blogger and you tuber, can hardly afford that lol I still have to do another job on top. I also run a community for the MoD as a social club of sorts, my online experience is vital to my day to day activities.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution
you are on infinity 2 as your upload IP Profile shows your speed is reduced due to your high noise margin this has happened due to noise on your phone line or multiple restarts of your home hub
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution
Thanks John, any idea how I fix that?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution
Also I cannot go through the pain of speaking to the call centre 'tech' help in India again. Is there a number to phone for UK assistance?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution
I rang up BT and for some reason went to the Contracts dept.

While I was there they said I couldnt downgrade my connection to Infinity 1. So I was stuck.

I asked how much to release me from the contract and was quopted £104. 18.

She did say that my fault had been 'escalated', I asked for a number of who I could speak to for an update. I was told I need to speak to the Indians again.

So I did...

After waiting on hold for 20 mins I finally get through.

I was asked what the issue was, I asked may I speak to a UK based technical helpdesk. NO was the reply.

Ok I saisd, I would like to discuss an existing fault and get an update. She said What?

I repeated.

She said ok, so you want an update? I said yes.

She hung up.

Quality service yet again from BT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

There is no customer services number for uk only the one number which takes you to Indian call centre

you should be able to downgrade to infinity 1 and if yiu phone the options team they will help. They are uk based 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution
The woman in the Contracts dept said I could not do that. Unless they couldnt fix the fault and then it has to be applied for in writing. Which they do BTW.

All in all a bit of a cluster. The Indians are still saying the speeds Im getting are awesome and there isnt really an issue. Even though my router keeps dropping out also.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 27

Go to solution

Hi Neil_McCabe,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems. If you getting dropping connection and slow speeds there might be a problem with the line. Can you try a quiet line test by connecting to the test socket and dialling 17070 option 2? If there is noise present we'll need to get a line fault raised. Once you've done that drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings