Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 27

Re: Tech Experts lol

Go to solution
you need an engineer visit to resolve the high noise margin and that has to go through the help line on 08001114567
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution

As john46 already said you are on infinity 2 but your noise margin is higher than normal 6db. This is normally the result of line noise and/or router dropping connection and your connection won't improve until the problem is fixed and you get back to a stable connection

if line noise you can report phone fault to 151 otherwise it is CS India

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution
David I don't have a standard phone.

However I have been pursuing 'Tech' support lol.

After a few more nights of calls they 'did a check of my lin line' and discovered a fault. I was toild not to call up anymore and the fault will be fixed.

OK so I left it a week. The website says my fault has been fixed. It hasn't of course.

I have been on the phone again last two nights where we get to talk about the blue lights on the Home Hub again lol. But then TODAY! He says..."I can promise you I have just fixed the fault."

How? I ask.

"I have changed your channels and by this time tommorow you will not have any further issues with your download speed". He says.

[Changed your channels huh?!]

So on Monday, I have the day off. I will be checking in again. To tell you the result.

And probably be canceling my contract.

2 things for people to note:

1) BT Openreach do not employ Engineers to come out and diagnose your tech problems. Calling them that is an insult to Engineers who have studied academically for years to earn that title. They're not even Technicians for pities sake.

2) Using these forums is pointless, I rang up and told them (India and Uk) what you guys have told me based on the screenshots. They said they didnt understand what I was telling them and seemed to not even be aware of these tech help forums. Basically rubbishing your advice.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution
Openreach will send someone out to you if you request one or take up the mods offer of help they can arrange it for you when you contact them via their link
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

I see in this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/THE-WORST-EVER-FIBRE-BROADBAND/td-p/1440160...  that you hadn't taken up the offer of a moderators help but they have offered it yet again so I would suggest that you take up this offer now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution
just to update, India told me all was fixed...it isnt so I ve exhausted all official channels and now my only hope is the Mods here.

Ive contacted one of them and I'll sit, wait and hope they come through.

If not, its a sad farewell to BT after 12 excellent months.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

Hi Neil_McCabe,

I'm glad I was able to help sort out your broadband speed.

Your broadband speed was banded so it took an engineer visit to reset the SNR at the cab and get your speed back up to what it should be at.  Really pleased everything is looking Hunky-Dory now!

All the best,

Robbie